Knighthood for Wiggins ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
probably inevitable since the other olympic multi-medal winners (Hoy, Redgrave, Pinsent) have them already.....

GaryA

Subversive Sage
If offered a knighthood I would hope he would turn it down...he gives anti-establishment vibes and jibes out all the time.
the latest was his comments about the start and finish at hampden palace being only for the Vip & prawn sandwich brigade-which is why he rode back among the fans....
Caught part of one interview where he was saying how much he despised british celebrity culture and he could never become one, so accepting a knighthood would be a tad two-faced.
Then again he could use the 'enchanced platform' to speak out as a cycling ambassador kind of thing...his comments this morning about helmets could be an indication this is possible...?

PaulB

Legendary Member
If offered a knighthood I would hope he would turn it down...he gives anti-establishment vibes and jibes out all the time.
I hope that he turns it down too. I cannot understand the clamour for him to be offered it. There's also a pro-knigthood/anti-knigthhood battle going on elsewhere which is embarrassing in the extreme to witness. David Bowie did the right thing when he was offered one.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
probably inevitable since the other olympic multi-medal winners (Hoy, Redgrave, Pinsent) have them already.....

Wiggins was already a multiple Olympic Gold medal winner 4 years ago. So you could argue that he should already have a knighthood and with this gold and other achievements he should be upgraded to something beyond that.

That's if you go in for such frivolities. I strongly agree with some of the other sentiments on this thread.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think he should be made King Bradley, Lord of everything, we can chuck that German lot out then.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Blabbering about whether he should or should not get a knighthood is irrelevant, and pointless.

He is Tour de France champion, he is Olympic gold TT champion, and he won the raffle as well I believe.

Quite! I know which I'd rather, unfortunately I'm more likely to get a knighthood, haven't got a clue what for though - being a nobber maybe.

400bhp

Guru
Blabbering about whether he should or should not get a knighthood is irrelevant, and pointless.

He is Tour de France champion, he is Olympic gold TT champion, and he won the raffle as well I believe.

This x 1 feckin million.

Perhaps this says more about us than him.

Top Bottom