Knighthood for Wiggins ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
[QUOTE 1963161, member: 45"]Beckham doesn't have one so yes, Brad should.[/quote]
And Brad wins things ^_^

PaulB

Legendary Member
It wouldn't flabber my gast should an ale turn up bearing some form of Bradley Wiggins' name. That's a bit of a tribute, eh?

asterix

Comrade Member
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Huyghe brewery, who make Brad's favourite beer, don't do a special batch for him. They've already sent him a few free cases of Delirium Tremens, and he's very popular here (mainly because he's not French! :whistle: ).

delirium-tremens.jpg

He's also popular in France tho'. Well this part, anyway. Incidentally the largest contingent of ex-pats round here these days are Dutch. As in other parts of Europe they tend to travel in clusters bringing all their own food with them. They also form kraals when they overnight. The ones I have met have been impressively tri-lingual. You can spot them easily as they are usually taller than Brits and about a foot taller than the locals. Presumably they are bred thus in order to keep their heads above water.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wiggins was already a multiple Olympic Gold medal winner 4 years ago. So you could argue that he should already have a knighthood and with this gold and other achievements he should be upgraded to something beyond that.

That's if you go in for such frivolities. I strongly agree with some of the other sentiments on this thread.
Hoy was knighted because he's a Unionist, and mates with Gordon Brown. And that's why I think he'll ride in Glasgow if it's any time close to the referendum on independence.

Top Bottom