Knocked off by a hit and run driver. BMW, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

DRM

Guru
Well, if i am being tailgated, charged at from a distance, whilst overtaking another vehicle in an attempt to scare me out of the way, I can guarantee it will be either an Audi, or a BMW, being driven at speeds well in excess of the limit, or see a car cross 3 lanes to exit the motorway at the last possible second, it’s an Audi or a BMW, it’s what I see several times a day, every day of the week, in the odd times it’s not one of these cockmobiles, it’s either a VW product, or for some strange reason it’s a Nissan Qashqai

C R

Guru
Well, if i am being tailgated, charged at from a distance, whilst overtaking another vehicle in an attempt to scare me out of the way, I can guarantee it will be either an Audi, or a BMW, being driven at speeds well in excess of the limit, or see a car cross 3 lanes to exit the motorway at the last possible second, it’s an Audi or a BMW, it’s what I see several times a day, every day of the week, in the odd times it’s not one of these cockmobiles, it’s either a VW product, or for some strange reason it’s a Nissan Qashqai
That's called confirmation bias, and no I didn't drive either of the makes you mentioned.

DRM

Guru
That's called confirmation bias, and no I didn't drive either of the makes you mentioned.
No it’s not, it’s what I have to put up with everyday, I know what I see, it’s always those two brands being very badly driven, this has being noted over the last 5 years & 100,000 plus miles

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Nope it’s not, it’s not emotionally charged rubbish it’s fact, end of story
I was prepared to believe your story, particularly that of the Nissan Squishsquash being driven by pillocks right up until you ended your statement with "FACT" and "END OF STORY". Which is universally accepted as a statement of the moron or internet troll.

I suppose im stuck with BMW's and Audi's still...

Juliansou

Do you remember a few years back when 4x4s became popular? If you asked a 4x4 driver why they drive what they do, you would almost certainly be met with the ‘driving position‘ to and ‘feeling superior’ over other road users. Not said now because we’ve moved on a bit from that. The point being that if a vehicle is marketed as ‘superior’ or ‘a cut above the rest’ etc etc it will, in my view, inevitably engender a corresponding sense in the driver, and behaviour will change accordingly, possible even subconsciously - the power of marketing! Purely anecdotal on my part based on a few years driving experience.

Generally 4×4 owners are the worse drivers in my experience. They are the least likely to go on to the grass verge. They don't want to get there cars dirty. Why own one? To be honest I don't often see a BMW round here. Mind as I don't drive I am not sure I would necessarily notice one. Anyway all car drivers are facist that's a fact, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom