Knocked off by london taxi, then spat at

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
evilcat, those things you list as reasons to stop seem to be reasons to persevere and carry on, spit in the face of adversity!!

thomas

the tank engine
Evilcat said:
Police not that interested (I gave a statement nonetheless) but the PCO will be hauling in the cabbie on the spitting issue.

Sadly I'm not surprised. Keep on cycling though :tongue:! Don't let it put you off.

Jake

Evilcat said:
Police not that interested (I gave a statement nonetheless) but the PCO will be hauling in the cabbie on the spitting issue. Doesn't look like there were any cameras pointing my way -- I asked the police to look at these but again, they're not too interested. I think the best I can hope for is a stern talking to for the miscreant, by both the police and PCO if I'm lucky.

My love/hate relationship with commuting continues. On the plus side my heart is much better off for the exercise, and I can hold my head up high as the person with the longest commute in the office (half the team cycles). On the negative side I'm fed up with the near crashes with cars, buses and taxis, the quality of London roads and the morons on bikes who think that RLJing is acceptable when pedestrians and cars are crossing their direction of travel. And the prevailing wind which seems to give me a 35mph headwind going home every evening this week.

Oh well, more commuting tomorrow.

EC

yes know exactly what you mean.

jmaccyd

Oh well perhaps there is hope for standards at the PCO after all. Sanctions can include a warning over future behaviour or even a temporary suspension of driver's license.

Origamist

Legendary Member
jmaccyd said:
Oh well perhaps there is hope for standards at the PCO after all. Sanctions can include a warning over future behaviour or even a temporary suspension of driver's license.

Mmm, I'm not so sure. I am still waiting for a response to a question I sent 2 months ago. I have sent two follow up emails, complained, made it clear it was an FOI request etc but still no joy. Looks like one for Information Commissioner...

EC, good luck with the PCO complaint.

thomas

the tank engine
Origamist said:
Mmm, I'm not so sure. I am still waiting for a response to a question I sent 2 months ago. I have sent two follow up emails, complained, made it clear it was an FOI request etc but still no joy. Looks like one for Information Commissioner...

I gave a report at Christmas time and never heard anything back. I've not bothered chasing them - if something serious happens I'll just hold that against them to make them pull their finger out (or something like that).

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Cabbies have insurance, maybe worth a letter to the London Taxi Drivers Association to get the insurance details.

It's a non stop accident, the driver should at least have stopped for you to obtain his details, it's the law.

You may get a few quid.

Any injury accident is worth a 999, just play it like a Premiership footballer and lie down for a while.

jmaccyd

Origamist said:

I join you in your cynicism of the PCO...hence the use of the word 'perhaps' in my previous statetment.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Alembicbassman said:
Cabbies have insurance, maybe worth a letter to the London Taxi Drivers Association to get the insurance details.
To the best of my knowledge, the LTDA is nothing but a pressure group for hardline cabbies which funds adverts implying that minicab drivers are rapists and rickshaws are death traps. I would be very surprised if they gave a toss.

Lowest depth the Lib Dems ever sunk to, the last London Mayoral election

Top Bottom