Knocked off..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
hahahahahahaha. Good fairytale there.

Really?

How about this quote from the askMID website:

"If the registration is found on the MID, you will receive on screen the insurance details: policy number, name of insurer and the claims contact details to help you progress a claim."

Note the last bit: "the claims contact details to help YOU progress a claim".

OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

cheers all, going try a hand delivered letter first I think.
day finished well, dropped the bike into my local bike shop, within 15 mins it was sorted and ready do battle again! even got a new brake cable and some other neglect sorted :-) I can recommend a very good bike shop in the new forest! :-)

Sara_H

Guru
Just because the police aren't proceeding doesn't mean you can't claim against her insurance.

I was hit by a hit and run driver (in the car). Police didn't proceed and driver initially denied even being in a collision. There were no witnesses but the insurance did pay out.

You mentioned two people helped you at the scene - can you track them down to act as witnesses?

I wouldn't call on the driver, I'd just proceed straight to making a claim through the insurers.

binsted

You should also notify the Police, I reckon.

Similar happened to me in the same area, got hit by car and trailer on a quiet lane, trailer tried to barge by and knocked me off ripping my tights but no physical injuries. Took the vehicle number and phoned the police, given an incident number but told it was unlikely to be followed up as nobody was hurt and there were no independent witnesses so a complete waste of time.

While I was not expecting the driver to get life imprisonment I would have liked his details if only to ask for the cost of my ripped tights and a call from the local plod may at least focus his mind in future to his poor driving skills.

Top Bottom