Kona Sutra 2017 help whats it worth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Hi again
Im selling my 2017 Kona Sutra (see below). In my opinion its in lovely condition but im not certain of its value. You will notice its wearing some Kona flat bars with Shimano shifters. This was done last year but I still have all the original kit (bars etc) all connected up so easy to convert back.

Thoughts & comments please folks

IMG_1884.JPG

AndyRM

XOXO
If it's the one on eBay, it seems you've already made up your mind what you'd like for it.

Aiming for half of what a new one costs is probably around ballpark, though maybe a little high given the circumstances.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Yes sorry its on ebay didnt mean to seem like I was being underhanded. I saw a 2015 bike sell recently for £500 so honestly I thought mine was worth about £650. Maybe I should just ask 650 with no offers or auction it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes sorry its on ebay didnt mean to seem like I was being underhanded. I saw a 2015 bike sell recently for £500 so honestly I thought mine was worth about £650. Maybe I should just ask 650 with no offers or auction it.

I didn't think you were, no worries! I reckon test the water where you're at, and see what happens; if you're happy with £650 as a lowest offer and that's the highest offer you get then sorted :okay:

Might seem like a perverse question, but can I ask why you are selling it?

There is a heavy discount on second hand bikes for sure, no matter how good the condition.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They are lovely bikes and something I'd dearly love to own but in today's situation I'm afraid you're going to have to take a knock on the real value if you want to move it on quickly :sad: Many are not employed and uncertain of their future financially.
Looks like a useable (saleable) size too. I wish you luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
I didn't think you were, no worries! I reckon test the water where you're at, and see what happens; if you're happy with £650 as a lowest offer and that's the highest offer you get then sorted :okay:

Thanks Andy
I actually got an offer of £650 the first day I put it on but like a dick I turned it down thinking it was worth more. Since had 3 more offers around the 500 - 525 mark which I think is too low even in these circumstances.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Your current eBay price of £725 or offers seems about right in usual circumstances, you may struggle selling due to the current Covid situation, I’d advise hanging on to it for a bit.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Might seem like a perverse question, but can I ask why you are selling it?

There is a heavy discount on second hand bikes for sure, no matter how good the condition.

No not perverse so I am toying with a few ideas such as going pedelec to getting something a bit different. I actually thought arguably that its a good time to sell with summer coming and cycling being encouraged.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks Andy
I actually got an offer of £650 the first day I put it on but like a dick I turned it down thinking it was worth more. Since had 3 more offers around the 500 - 525 mark which I think is too low even in these circumstances.

Agreed. Whenever I have sold bikes in the past (far too often for my liking) I usually list them at what I'd like/roughly think it's worth, but always have the lowest I'm prepared to go as a (generally) more realistic price point. Just got to be practical about it really, no matter how much you love the bike, it's a business transaction at the end of the day.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Well I had two guys after it this morning and sold it for £650 to the first one to cough up the folding as it were. So its bike shopping time now feels like Christmas :dance:but according to the media we are all doomed.

Top Bottom