Kudos to my LBS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Day before yesterday the police were in arresting a shoplifter.
Yesterday the released shoplifter was in there (the LBS) again and they took from him some obviously nicked wheels...in fact he was so drunk he left them in the shop when they ejected them.
I popped in for some new SPD's and they asked if I'd seen wheel-less Giant around town (don't ask me how they identified the wheels as coming from a Giant): I had.
So, They gave me a pen and paper and asked me to stick a note in the bike letting the owner know where his/her wheels were.
This I was happy to do.

Mortiroloboy

Bugger, wrong thread.B)

Alcdrew

Surely if they were been very nice they would have taken the wheels back to the bike and put them on? Not sure how the owner of the bike was expected to get to the shop without the wheels.

But still pretty good of them.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Alcdrew said:
Surely if they were been very nice they would have taken the wheels back to the bike and put them on? Not sure how the owner of the bike was expected to get to the shop without the wheels.

But still pretty good of them.
They didn't know where the wheel-less bike was - which is why they asked me if I'd seen one. Perhaps I should have made this clear.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
They could have beat the info out of the thief, I guess...

Good on them though.

My LBS hasn't been crime fighting so far as I know, but they did give 2 hours of their time to check over bikes and do simple repairs for people on bike to work day. Top fellas.

domtyler

Über Member
Any decent bike shop would have hacked the thief's hands off with a rusty chain ring and rammed a rubber mallet up his arse.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I think i saw a stolen bike today that was dumped :biggrin: It was a decent Trek, lent up against some park railings. I was going to turn back but it was a ruff area and there was no-way i would of stopped. The rear mech was all messed up, chain was hanging off, but there was no lock on it i dont think. I did see a police car, but it shot off the other way so i couldnt stop to tell them. Local police station is a distance away and i didnt want to move the bike incase someone was going to come back for it, unlikely though. Hopefully it will end up back with its owner, and some chav wont just ride it down the bank and throw it in the river.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
domtyler said:
Any decent bike shop would have hacked the thief's hands off with a rusty chain ring and rammed a rubber mallet up his arse.

what a stupid thing to say. this is europe you bloodthirsty ayatollah

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Alcdrew said:

the wheels weren't locked, obviously, and would have remained unlocked after refitting by the staff. the distance from bike to shop is within walking distance for a drunk with two wheels, so presumably can't be too hard for a cyclist to carry his frame that short distance.

simonali

Guru
Where is the shop, Tony? If I ever get anyone to buy my house I could be moving to your neck of the woods.

Top Bottom