Kwik Fit servicing bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Of course there's a little more to it than might at first meet the eye.

https://bikebiz.com/kwik-fit-partners-with-fettle-as-it-enters-bicycle-service-and-repair-market/

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
First I've heard of it, can't imagine many cyclists would have confidence in them to service their beloved machine.

Is it general servicing they are doing, and not just brakes?

I may give them a go, if they can stop mine from squealing.

Drago

Legendary Member
A chap I know - a fellow Peugeot owner as it happens - recently took his car to KwikBodge for a major service, thinking it would save him few shekels.

Having not done his homework he was later to find it would have been almost £40 cheaper at the dealer :laugh:

I think we can be fairly sure that all elements of their business model and service quality will be transplant intact to the world of bicycle servicing and repair.

https://cyclingindustry.news/kwik-fit-to-start-servicing-bicycles-with-fettle-partnership/

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
It seems it’s Fettle themselves doing the servicing and repairs, they’re just setting up a workshop within selected Kwik-Fit centres. Sounds like a good idea to me in principle.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Yes, many moons ago they once tried to claim i needed a whole new exhaust system plus catalytic converter because the heat shield had fallen off from the exhaust tunnel under the car, which isn't even part of the exhaust system. I only went in for a set of front tyres which at the time was reasonably priced and they had them in stock. Im grateful that i did most of the work on my cars myself, but tyres is not worth the expense and hassle. They keenly remind you why you waste your weekends fixing your own cars. These days, i just worry about the bikes.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Funny that someone just mentioned Kwik Fit. I was looking for a car park in the city centre for tomorrow and realised there's one of their places near where I need to get. Turns out it's actually cheaper to drop of the car in the morning, let them do the wheel alignment, and pick it up in the afternoon, then it would be to pay for parking. Win-win.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can see it now. Go in to have a puncture fixed (for anyone who doesn't DIY) and get told you need new chain, cassette, tyres, wheel bearings, bottom bracket, and headset. All of which can be done but you'll need to leave the bike for 2 days as it's in such dangerous condition, and it will only cost you a lot more than the bike is worth!

Top Bottom