England : East Sussex L2B Veteran Car Run Sunday 3 November 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I was actually looking forward to this ride (although the weather is looking iffy). I do need to get another century under my belt, not done one since the beginning of August.
You peeps make Oi larf :smile:
I too appear to be developing form for DNTU / DNS :sad:

Tim Hall

Travel news: Those intending to get a train to East Croydon (me, for example), had better think again. Engineering works mean bus between Horley and Purley. Thankfully these don't appear to affect return train journeys from Brighton to London Town.

Tim Hall

Any clue as to what time?
Fear not TMN. I might have been a bit alarmist. You can still get a train from Brighton to East Croydon. It's just those who might want to get on at a station between Horley and Purley are a bit banjaxed. If you do go for the Crawley option, previous years have seen an impromptu gathering towards the southern end of the High Street. Bread pudding, however, is usually sold by the Scouts at the north end.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I'm getting over the lurgy so undecided as to where i may be ( may just walk to the end of the road take some pics and go back to bed :tired: )

but if i do turn up and you see my seatpost flashing.......wave:hello:

Tim Hall

But isn't Horley south of East Croydon? I'm confused now.
Yes it is.. But there's four lines (up slow, down slow, up fast, down fast). If the work is on the up slow (which I think it is), they'll whizz through on the up fast, not stopping at Horley, Salfords, Earlswood, Redhill, Merstham, Coulsdon South and Purley. They might even dodge Redhill completely by going up the "Quarry Line".

U

User10571

2741219 said:
It really is nothing or all for you.
It's not a situation that I'm entirely happy with.
Missing rides with my friends.
Not for the first time. :sad:

Trickedem

Guru
I am driving up to Croydon and will probably park near Purley. I have tried reading back throught the thread to see where the meeting point is and who will be there, but as I am easily confused, I was!. Can someone advise. Is there a MacDonalds involved? A hot brekkie would be nice.

Does anyone have a route back for my gps. I am hoping to do this as my November Century Ride.

See you Sunday.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am driving up to Croydon and will probably park near Purley. I have tried reading back throught the thread to see where the meeting point is and who will be there, but as I am easily confused, I was!. Can someone advise. Is there a MacDonalds involved? A hot brekkie would be nice.

Does anyone have a route back for my gps. I am hoping to do this as my November Century Ride.

See you Sunday.

Most people meet outside East Croydon station.
I will send you a tcx of the route back

Tim Hall

See you Sunday.
I think the plan (hah!) is to meet at McDonalds, North End, Croydon. That's the pedestrianised bit by Centrale and the old Alders store. @Adrian is the one who suggested it.

(EDIT) I see that plan might have been kicked into touch. East Croydon station has coffee and sticky buns.

rb58

Enigma
Outside East Croydon Station is where we've gathered in previous years Tim. I'm aiming to be there around 8.00am. This is the normal SMRbtH route from Brighton. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3609357 After Crawley, I normally head cross country, but sometimes it's straight back up the A23 to Croydon. See you Sunday.

Top Bottom