La Vuelta 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Having seen how steep the final climb is on today's stage, I think I may have got my punditry predictions wrong.

Oh well, CBA to change them now.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know you all know but Kirby is a complete farking self-gratification artist.
He just speculated whether Chavez would be allowed to go in a break. FFS.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Haven't really been paying attention to the race, but just had a look and was surprised to see the gap still out at over 6mins with 24km to go. Looks like the break might get to have their fun today.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
It's all going to kick off tomorrow on the final climb. Overall it's 9.3km @ 5.1%, but if you take a closer look, the middle section looks really steep.
By the way, Carlton Kirby has got to be careful with what he says on the approach to the finish. :whistle:
vuelta-a-espana-2017-stage-6-sagunt-1502882602.png
:whistle:

It's a long run in though, Brommers. I can't see anyone taking a punt yet, perhaps if it was nearer to the end of week 3. I'm plumping for a breakaway again.

It's all going to kick off tomorrow on the final climb. Overall it's 9.3km @ 5.1%, but if you take a closer look, the middle section looks really steep.
By the way, Carlton Kirby has got to be careful with what he says on the approach to the finish. :whistle:
View attachment 369677 :whistle:
Immediately i had about four ways he could get that wrong that would need bleeps in the highlights. Cudos to one of the Yates twins in their interview for getting bleeped too.

Reactions: mjr

400bhp

Guru
I just read a quote by Charlie Wegelius who said that the Vuelta is race for riders who either didn't want to be there, or were desperate to perform.
Seems about right!
You could probably say that about any race.

Froomes competition is embarrassingly bad so I can only assume he is the only one who is desperate to perform.

Adam4868

Guru
Chavez..he looks pretty good to me.Froome looks in top form though,and sky as a team.Who needs Pouls and Nieve when you've got Moscons wheel.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yeah, Chaves looks like he's at least on Froome's level at the moment. Will be interesting to see how they compare when they get to the big mountains. The time trial is likely to be Chaves' undoing though.

No one else looks anywhere close to Froome at the moment - except perhaps Tejay, surprisingly.

Yeah, Chaves looks like he's at least on Froome's level at the moment. Will be interesting to see how they compare when they get to the big mountains. The time trial is likely to be Chaves' undoing though.

No one else looks anywhere close to Froome at the moment - except perhaps Tejay, surprisingly.
It's still early days yet but I'm surprised at people like Barguil who doesn't look prepared for this. Also Nibali, who surely has prepared for this. he might come good later and Froome start to fade with a GT already in his legs but he's approaching this like he knows that and is trying to get the gaps early maybe with a view to holding on in the third week.

Adam4868

Guru
It's still early days yet but I'm surprised at people like Barguil who doesn't look prepared for this. Also Nibali, who surely has prepared for this. he might come good later and Froome start to fade with a GT already in his legs but he's approaching this like he knows that and is trying to get the gaps early maybe with a view to holding on in the third week.
It's the team around Froome aswell.There a pretty hard nut to crack so to speak.Once they get a grip at the head of a stage it's hard,cycling by numbers so to speak.That's not taking anything away from Froome,who I think is in top form.Guess I'm biased cause I'm a big Froome fan ! The rest of the GC are going to have to have a go sooner rather than later I think,I wouldn't write off any of them yet.Except maybe poor old Bertie......

Top Bottom