La Vuelta 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Sigh...

IMG_3594.JPG

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Didn't one if the big team owners try to get a million dollar grand slam prize, but to make it fair it required all GC contenders to ride in all 3 races, and no one wanted to do it.
Or did i imagine it?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Congratulations to Contador for winning such a hard stage today. I am always amazed when I see riders going up mountains at high speed and then, within 1 second , they are completely spent and are reduced to crawling. I know how they feel but it must be terrifying for them, knowing they still have miles to go. As for Contador, despite some of his past, he is still a great champion.

sleaver

Veteran
Froome's big goal is 5 Tours de France, so he wouldn't jeopardise that next year by doing the Giro.
Or he could show Quintana how it's done :smile: Considering it was Quintana who (or Movistar) said before the Giro that he was going for the double and won, erm, neither.

I wonder how long it will be before the Giro organise a route that suits Froome to try and tempt him.

Congratulations to Contador for winning such a hard stage today. I am always amazed when I see riders going up mountains at high speed and then, within 1 second , they are completely spent and are reduced to crawling. I know how they feel but it must be terrifying for them, knowing they still have miles to go. As for Contador, despite some of his past, he is still a great champion.

I know they'd ridden a reasonable distance previously, & had already been climbing, but out of curiosity, I timed Contadors last 5K. & I got 21:59
Quite a decent time for a ParkRun...............:laugh:

He's a great big doping nobber. I still like him in a "look at this clown, he doped to f*ck, trying to convince everyone he didn't" kind of way.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just watching the highlights and it dawns on me that this might be the last time I see that Alpecin advert on the bus.

Distraught.

I recorded the stage and watched it on intermittent fast forward.
At times, I was in a dilemma as to whether to FF the Alpecin advert or that utter farking dahlia daffodil Carlton farking Kirby.

Top Bottom