La Vuelta a Espana 22/8 - 13/9 2015 (here be spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Jumbo-Lotto have said they'll help Dumoulin if he can take red today.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Majka does enough to take the overall lead.

Yes, a distinct possibility that seems to have been largely overlooked in all the talk of Dumoulin and Aru. Can't see him winning the stage but he's certainly good enough to be a real threat in the GC.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Quick question, sorry if it's been asked before.

On UK Eurosport, who is the posh young lad? And why does the other bloke have such a weird forced smile permanently etched to his face? It's bizarre...

Bodnar: he's the Polish ITT champion apparently. Another one I had to look up. Wasn't even on my radar for this one.

sleaver

Veteran
Have the Movistar riders got what looks like plastic pouches on the back of their skin suits to put their race number in? If so, talk about marginal gains when compared to a pinned on number.

Quick question, sorry if it's been asked before.

On UK Eurosport, who is the posh young lad? And why does the other bloke have such a weird forced smile permanently etched to his face? It's bizarre...

Ashley House (the posh geezer) and Juan Antonio Flecha.

upload_2015-9-9_17-17-8.jpeg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bodnar: he's the Polish ITT champion apparently. Another one I had to look up. Wasn't even on my radar for this one.

He was on mine - I trawled the stats on PCS before making my predictions this morning and did consider him as a possibility but went for Oliveira instead. Coppel was another on the shortlist and he's done quite well today too.

On the other hand, so was Peter Velits and he might as well have stayed in bed.

Looks like another glorious, if only, for Rodriguez and Aru still definitely in with a chance. I don't mind if either of them win really.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Blimey, Dumoulin was immense!
J Rod blows another last chance for a GT win. Aru could still take this on time bonuses alone.
Mikel Landa won't win a GT anytime soon either, with his poor time trialling. Assuming he's actually trying, I suppose. Not much point in him busting a gut in this now.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This sets things up nicely. Aru has to attack, but he doesn't have to go long, he only has to snipe, and Dumoulin and team will have to watch him like a hawk. I wouldn't count Purito out either.

Top Bottom