Labrador Retrievers?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Been to see Honey's sister, soon to be housemate and she's coming on well!.

20190422_193107.jpg

Honey still can't get her head around the retriever part of being a dog. She'll chase it all day bot won't bring it back..

20190421_081258.jpg

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Me and Honey have got our work cut out babysitting 4 of her sisters.

20190524_184502.jpg

Amber's come home a few days earlier than planned but all good!.

20190524_071235.jpg

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Not a total Labrador as such, but he is some, my daughter's Labradoodle, Alfie. He's nearly 2 I think, He's a lovely dog, soft as anything and just wants to play all the time. He's not the most obedient dog, But it's hard not to like him, just reminds me of a big soft teddy bear. Needs a haircut though, too warm for that.

I've had a labrador so can see a lot of that in him. I like standard poodles but know little about them. It's good that he doesn't cast like a Labrador, but he needs groomed a lot, needs to have his hair cut often in this weather. He likes getting wet and muddy like a Labrador, this makes him a really messy dog with that coat.

I was a bit skeptical about these mixed breeds that aren't cheap. But these are lovely dogs, like Labradors but not as much of a handful when young , but still quite a handful. I'd recommend one...

IMG-3243.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
It's been raining tonight, can't let the puppies outside for a play.

Had to "supervise" them in the kitchen all night (after a day at work). Blooming knackered now!.

One of them has managed to wee in my trainer, lucky it was an old one but still use them for working round the house!.

Deep clean tomorrow afternoon when they go back I think.

On a positive note Amber seems to have settled in nicely!.

20190525_191049.jpg

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Not a total Labrador as such, but he is some, my daughter's Labradoodle, Alfie. He's nearly 2 I think, He's a lovely dog, soft as anything and just wants to play all the time. He's not the most obedient dog, But it's hard not to like him, just reminds me of a big soft teddy bear. Needs a haircut though, too warm for that.

I've had a labrador so can see a lot of that in him. I like standard poodles but know little about them. It's good that he doesn't cast like a Labrador, but he needs groomed a lot, needs to have his hair cut often in this weather. He likes getting wet and muddy like a Labrador, this makes him a really messy dog with that coat.

I was a bit skeptical about these mixed breeds that aren't cheap. But these are lovely dogs, like Labradors but not as much of a handful when young , but still quite a handful. I'd recommend one...

View attachment 468048

I've seen a few Labradoodles about, theres a regular on our walks and you can definitely see the Lab temperament in there, just not as crazy as a full on Labrador!.

There's a Springer / Labrador cross as well and she outdoes Honey in the crazy stakes!.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Taken nearly 2 weeks but Honey has finally settled down with the new girl Amber!.

Looking forward to a year down the line when they can go on some good long walks together!.

Seem to have the same "sleep" as well!.
20190530_071458.jpg
20190603_123254.jpg
20190603_185742.jpg
20190603_185737.jpg

Hicky

Guru
All the crosses are simple profiteering imho nothing more. There's a guy near me who breeds French bulldogs and has been broken into and had litters stolen and cash a few times, he's now got I think Tibetan Mastiff's or something....whenever something becomes popular the unscrupulous breeders pop up and the prices rise. We've working cockers all with on paper very very good breeding, I bought one part trained at 10 months for less than you would a pup now and she's 5 years old...it's daft.

Top Bottom