Labrador Retrievers?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Showed her pic to Mr M and he thinks she is a honey, “a wee stunner” he said

Tell him thanks!. Never thought I'd own a dog but glad we've done it :smile:.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Not put it down yet

:ohmy:

Oh! See what can happen if you jump in too quick?

They once had a black Lab in the Sarry in Bedgellert and it got SO fat, it would lie face down on the floor of the bar with its legs splayed out front and back looking exactly like a beached sea-lion. Its whiskers adding perfectly to that image!

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
@Drago She was fine thanks, settled in very well today and just chilling out now!. She's got the run of the house, put child gate on bottom of stairs (honestly thought I'd seen the last of those!).

Kids are over the moon, fist time my son hasn't touched his phone on a morning!.

She's taken to chewing small gravel (10mm) so will have to keep an eye on that, maybe put some decking down..

20180603_200030.jpg
20180604_110209.jpg

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, when they're young they'll eat anything, literally. If it'll fit down their throat, down it does. It's great that you've got young children - she'll be a great companion and very protective of them when she grows up.

Is the from a field line and have a pedigree? If you do decide to ever breed from her let me know.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Fast asleep now, managed to have tea without getting hijacked. She is very well behaved!.

She is from pedigree stock I believe and we've had a chat about breeding but don't know much about it. Plenty of time to read up though!.

Back to work tomorrow unfortunately, in laws will get all the fun!.

20180604_222636.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, a good Lab is pretty easy to train. Thats part of the reason they make good gun dogs. Alas, being the daft eejut I am I wasted Lemmys brain power teaching him really useful tricks such as hail to the Chief, gis a kiss, shaky hands, high five, death of Nelson, commies, Kim Jong Un, and Bin Laden. He also plays dead when I pretend to shoot him.

They're also quite dextrous with their front paws, which is fascinating to watch.

tony111

Veteran
I' m in the get insurance club. Our dog damaged his cruciate ligament and the vet told us he's done more of these type of operations since laminate flooring and decking had become popular.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I' m in the get insurance club. Our dog damaged his cruciate ligament and the vet told us he's done more of these type of operations since laminate flooring and decking had become popular.

We've got lamintate and floor tiles downstairs, maybe time for a rug in the living room?.

Top Bottom