Labrador Retrievers?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Australian Labradoodles are done at six weeks, its an obligatory requirement of the Australian Labradoodle Association apparently who put down some strict rules.

The reasons given is to stop crossbreeding, to keep the strain pure. (Ours is a first generation F1). It does cause controversy and some cynics also believe it is to allow the few breeders in the UK to profit.

We went for an Aussie Labradoodle because they are non shedding,loyal and intelligent.

They have unfortunately been lumped into the "designer dog" category.

Which I believe is unfair as they were bred to be guide dogs for The Royal Guide Dog Association of Australia because of their intelligence and temperament.

Whatever.........they are cross breeds and I love ours. :smile:

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
3 (raw) chicken legs for tea and shes zonked out on the sofa!.

20180609_191247.jpg

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
One last one then I'll leave you all alone for a bit, Fathers Day cuddles and a snooze!.

received_10155937753343995.jpeg

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
She is fantastic. Looks like you've quickly fallen in love with each other.

Definitely from Field Stock. Every family should have a well bred Labrador.

Apparently we can trace her all the way back through Kennel Club (sp?) but to he honest it was never about all that, just the right puppy at the right time.

Would never go back now and I was never a "dog person" at all.

The greeting I get when coming in from work is priceless!.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What a cutie...

The dog obviously.

I had two retrievers as a kid - lovely dogs, but like has been said - they will chew all sorts, then had two Cavaliers, and my folks are on the third.

We have cats as we are out all day, so not fair to have a dog.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
What a cutie...

The dog obviously.

I had two retrievers as a kid - lovely dogs, but like has been said - they will chew all sorts, then had two Cavaliers, and my folks are on the third.

We have cats as we are out all day, so not fair to have a dog.

Yep we've had some chewing but managed to redirect to a bone or chewing rope etc.

She is hard work when she's "on one!".

Luckily wife works 3 days, and the In laws were prepared to do a little dog sitting so it's worked out well allround.

As I said at the start it wasn't a decision taken lightly and have been mulling it over for nearly 6 years :smile:.

Top Bottom