Lactate Threshold Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
Ive read a number of articles where the link sent me and it does seem interesting though a lot of this training deals in using power meters (they do state that HRMs can be used but it seems to be power meters that are usually used for SST). Some of the articles state that it is best to turbo trainers which is something I am planning on purchasing next summer when I can afford it. So I will not be doing SST at the moment but have bookmarked the articles of interest to be used when I purchase a turbo trainer, so thank you for the link to these articles.

About zones 3 & 4, I am taking note of what you said; I don't know this is correct but I take it zone 3 starts from my lactate threshold and zone 4 would be near to my MHR?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ive read a number of articles where the link sent me and it does seem interesting though a lot of this training deals in using power meters (they do state that HRMs can be used but it seems to be power meters that are usually used for SST). Some of the articles state that it is best to turbo trainers which is something I am planning on purchasing next summer when I can afford it. So I will not be doing SST at the moment but have bookmarked the articles of interest to be used when I purchase a turbo trainer, so thank you for the link to these articles.

About zones 3 & 4, I am taking note of what you said; I don't know this is correct but I take it zone 3 starts from my lactate threshold and zone 4 would be near to my MHR?

Zone 3 is typically the "tempo" zone, Zone 4 is typically the "Threshold" zone. Your lactate threshold will theoretically be in the "Threshold Zone".

Carbohydrate is a very inefficient fuel source, bearing in mind the body can only store a limited amount of glycogen. On the other hand, everyone has a fairly generous store of fat to run on. If they wanted to, and can wean themselves off carbs (especially sugar).

Carbohydrate is a very inefficient fuel source, bearing in mind the body can only store a limited amount of glycogen. On the other hand, everyone has a fairly generous store of fat to run on. If they wanted to, and can wean themselves off carbs (especially sugar).
How does lactic acid fit into that?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Regardless of what you eat, if you want to get fitter and faster, you will need to train. Performance doesn't come for free, it comes from hard graft!

Top Bottom