Ladies Hybrid Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BBSUPER

Hello

I'd appreciate any advice please on a ladies specifc hubrid bike. My wife currently has a Merida Crossway 8300 hybrid we bought from our local bike shop. She likes the bike very much and many uses it mainly on the roads locally for leisure riding but we also on occasion ride on forest tracks. The bike is however quite heavy and I wondered if any members had advice on a good lightweight hybrid, preferably women specific. Budget is ideally sub £500. Many thanks

I bought my wife an aluminium framed Marin ladies MTB and have now fitted road tyres to it. I weighed the bike yesterday and it's about 25 lbs, and she's happy with it. It's like new. Ebay - about £115. Think what you can spend the other £380 on. :wacko:

Hiya,

I have a Specialized Vita which is a women's specific design (WSD). I love it, it's light, fast and cost £300 from Evans (bought it online as I couldn't get one to try locally - I needed an extra small size). Not sure about forest tracks - hard packed stuff yes but not mud or gravel so much. But for road riding it's the business :-)

Plax

Guru
I have a ladies GT Nomad Sport, it's aluminium frame and I find it light. I've changed the tyres to 700 x 32, but it came with 700 x 38 and coped well with gravel tracks etc. Think it's in the £300 region now.

Top Bottom