Ladies in Bolton scared to venture out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
[/QUOTE]
The North starts at the M62. That is the boundary. Below that is nothing but south and southern softies.
The North stretches as far as Hadrian's Wall. Beyond that all is desert, or as some know it - Scotland.
Surely, Tees-side? ;)

I live about 3 miles south of the M62, or at least south of the bit that's north of me. Some of the M62's south of me as well :wacko:

However ... tomorrow I'm off to Teesside for my son's race. Is there any special equipment I need to survive there* :tired:

* Given I spent 6 years living in Middlesbrough I might take son no. 2 for a parmo, or off to Redcar for a lemon-top.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The North starts at the M62. That is the boundary. Below that is nothing but south and southern softies.
The North stretches as far as Hadrian's Wall. Beyond that all is desert, or as some know it - Scotland.

On a return from Orkney, after a ferry ride and several hours' driving we eventually came to a sign pointing to Inverness and the South. "North starts at M62 -pah !"

On the other hand there's a great line from the film "Kinky Boots", where Chiwetal Ejifor's drag queen character is told "Northampton's not 'The North' " to reply "'The North' starts at Tottenham Court Road"

OK you lot

What is all this 'The North starts at the M62"????

Liverpool is clearly Northern
Clearly Chester is not - close but no banana
Wales is Wales

Birmingham is - not
Midlands - not North

Manchester - dunno - want to avoid the subject but maybe we should admit they are North
probably - if we ignore Man U

so the boundary follows the M62
dips round South at the M60

then follow the M56 until it meets the Dee and follow the Welsh border out to sea

Liverpool is special in many ways

and North

it just is

mayeb chippies should be the judge

if you ask for a sausage dinner to they automatically know what you mean

and is curry sauce on hand for chips

but then I have no clue how this is dealt with in the Midlands

Top Bottom