Ladies in Bolton scared to venture out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Where as Northumbria sees far fewer tourists but is lovely. The emptiness adds to the attraction for me.

Bit like is Cumbria figures for heavily marketed and oversold Lake District or outside that region?
Well a bit different. Lancashire until very recently included a lot lot more. Hence you often see folk, including on here, saying that they were born in lancashire, may still be in the same place,but are not in lancashire now.
Just look at the cultural significance of liverpool and Manchester for instance.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Tourist visitors to Cumbria in 2018: 47 million.
Care to give us the figure for Hertfordshire?
No because I don’t give a toss

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Stereotypes are nonsense.
The southern softies thing always makes me laugh.
Plenty of northerners would go weak at the knees walking through parts of London.

Drago

Legendary Member
110 million vehicles (each with at least one occupant) drive through Hertfordshire on the M1 every 365 days. That's just one road. For whatever reason, a helluva lot more people travel to, through, and beyond it than Cumbria.

But so what? What does it matter anyway? I didn't realise it was some kind of inter-regional pissing contest.

When I worked in London, I was surprised how regions are perceived by various colleagues and even by senior management. In some cases the level of harshness did not come close to the stuff associated with foreigners.

Funnily it was not just the accent and the mannerism, it was hairstyle, dress sense and the beer one drinks.

Within this there was also those that made it very clear they lived in a particular area because of its beauty but had nothing in common with the area or the people.

Even more interesting is that it did not correlate to education or position in the company and if I dare say class or station in life.

110 million vehicles (each with at least one occupant) drive through Hertfordshire on the M1 every 365 days. That's just one road. For whatever reason, a helluva lot more people travel to, through, and beyond it than Cumbria.

But so what? What does it matter anyway? I didn't realise it was some kind of inter-regional pissing contest.
It's not drago. Someone with your forensic skills should be able to see where what you interpret as such started.

Top Bottom