Ladies in Bolton scared to venture out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

We used to holiday in the lakes fairly often, for me it was my regular ride up to Grasmere from Wirral, Mrs D follows later in the car. It's amazing how many southerners you meet in pubs who are on their first ever visit to the lakes. Presumably, some of these southerners have trotted out the usual "grim up north" bolleaux to their mates back home before ever having got near the north.
Oh, and I do find it hilarious to hear southern cyclists speaking about their 'box hill' in lauded tones :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
I used feel the same way when I heard Glaswegians moaning about soft southerners, blithely ignorant of the fact that they're as close to London as they are to my first house in East Voe so are pretty much soft southerners themselves.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've worked up North and when travelling back I would see 'The South Glasgow ' I'm thinking how much further?

Coming back from Orkney (to Bristol) Glasgow was "nearly home". Well, time-wise it was more than half way

Last edited:

dodgy

Tourist visitors to Cumbria in 2018: 47 million.
Care to give us the figure for Hertfordshire?

./end thread

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I actually prefer the areas that escape tourist attention for the most part. An area doesn’t have to be popular to be nice. Some of my best holiday and breaks in the UK have been in none tourist areas.

I like to get away from crowds and traffic and popular tourist areas do not provide that.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom