'Lance' documentary BBC2 Sun 24th 10pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats the general concensus then? You can't forgive a cheating sportsman. Lance took it to another level compared to say, Smith and Warner in cricket, or John Higgins in snooker. :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thats the general concensus then? You can't forgive a cheating sportsman. Lance took it to another level compared to say, Smith and Warner in cricket, or John Higgins in snooker. :sad:
It's like this...

You could forgive a teenager who got into a drunken brawl and badly injured someone - if they repent in prison, serve their time quietly, apologise to the victim and their family, give up booze, and become a very nice person.

If they spend their time inside moaning about how unfair it is, swear that the victim 'got what was coming to him', go straight to the pub after being released, get pissed and then cause a fight by trying to get off with someone else's girlfriend... They can go to the back of the forgiveness queue! :whistle:

stephec

Legendary Member
He seems to be a spoilt child who thinks that he can stamp his feet and get whatever he wants.

You can't deny that he had a fair bit of athletic ability before the doping though.

That's the tragedy in my mind: we could have had 7 of the best scraps in Grand Tour history, with no ill feelings or asterisks.
His recovery from cancer to win even one GT or classic would have been a glorious story. Legend even ...
Yes - and what an example for all people with problems - especially cancer - about what CAN be achieved and how what has happened does not need to defines your future life

and his charity was a great way to do this

but

On again tonight at 11, bbc2

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Screenshot_20210201_010010.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Just watched the second part. The guy near the end who said, "Good people do bad things and bad people do good things" pre-empted exactly what I was going to post here. Black and white are at opposite ends of a very long bar.

One of the best cycling documentary's I've ever watched, the time flew by.

Gunk

Guru
Just watched the second part. The guy near the end who said, "Good people do bad things and bad people do good things" pre-empted exactly what I was going to post here. Black and white are at opposite ends of a very long bar.

One of the best cycling documentary's I've ever watched, the time flew by.

I’ve just finished it as well this evening, very good documentary and a very complex person.

Top Bottom