'Lance' documentary BBC2 Sun 24th 10pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
a) (and VERY important) - if doping had not existed in cycling there is a possibility that we would be lauding him as the greatest cyclist that has ever existed - he was - basically awesome
BUT it did - and bought into it TOTALLY
so we can never know how good he could have been in a totally clean environment
Doping brought out the worst in him. I suspect someone as shitty as him would have found an outlet for that sh1t at some stage in any career.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thought it was a brilliant, compelling documentary. He's a complete and utter ruthless arse though.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thought it was a brilliant, compelling documentary. He's a complete and utter ruthless arse though.
+1. Saw it last year. For me, nothing can excuse his viciousness towards Emma O' Reilly, David Walsh (taunted about the death of his son John), and pretty much anyone who ever slighted him. There was no way he was riding clean in his comeback. As for the idea that he could have ridden clean and won TdF…nope, would never have happened. His pre-doping physiology was wrong for climbing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
+1. Saw it last year. For me, nothing can excuse his viciousness towards Emma O' Reilly, David Walsh (taunted about the death of his son John), and pretty much anyone who ever slighted him. There was no way he was riding clean in his comeback. As for the idea that he could have ridden clean and won TdF…nope, would never have happened. His pre-doping physiology was wrong for climbing.

And Greg LeMond, and one of his Team mates and Mrs - was that Emma ? I wouldn't wee on him if he was on fire.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its surprisingly unjudgemental... which is what lures you in. His 'confession' still doesn't redeem him, but it leaves the question, does he deserve to be forgiven?

Like on a bonfire ! :laugh:

DRM

Guru
That's it - shocking how he treated them. Betsy, that's it. And then he went after Greg the Legend !
Yes, he bit off more then he could chew when he took Betsy Andrieu on, his treatment of his former soigneur, Emma O'Riley was deplorable
as was his treatment of David Walsh who sussed Lance out too, as for for trying to bankrupt Greg LeMond, that's on a par with stealing a tradesman's tools & van, the doping I get, the vicious way he persecuted those who could topple him was off the scale, then when he chased Fillipo Simeoni down in the breakaway, whilst wearing the yellow jersey was unbelievable, made all the more so by their "discussion"
then Simeoni went back to the peloton with Lance, who in true psychopath style made the zipping up his mouth sign whilst staring straight into the camera, it was seen across the world, and meant only one thing , shut up, or get out, he then had the whole peloton bully Simeoni out of racing for good.

Top Bottom