Landrover man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

A couple of weeks back, I saw a land rover turn through a no-entry sign into a one-way street, going the wrong way. As it was marked with a company name, I made a complaint. This is their reply:

"Unfortunately we operate about 20 Landrovers and despite spending a
considerable amount of time investigating this matter we are unable to
determine who is responsible. Although you say that you have seen this
Landrover in this area many times before, the area is very close to our
offices and all our Landrovers are similar. Therefore unless we have a
registration number we are unable to pursue the culprit.

However we do take our responsibilities seriously and would never
condone bad driving. Most of our drivers attend a defensive driver
training course and this should also encourage them to abide by the law.

We apologise for this bad driving and hope that you never witness our
vehicles being driven thoughtlessly again, but if you do please let us
know the registration number."

A partial result I suppose. If nothing else, they now know they're being watched.

monnet

Guru
I love the fact that the 'defensive driver course' 'should help them abide by the law' the implication being that they don't always but we're trying our best, but, you know, Land Rover drivers eh?!

Like you say at least they know they're being watched.

skwerl

did this Landrover cut you up or endanger you/someone else in some way or did you just report it for heading through a no-entry sign?

OP
OP
U

User482

skwerl said:
did this Landrover cut you up or endanger you/someone else in some way or did you just report it for heading through a no-entry sign?

It caused a car travelling in the opposite (correct) direction to swerve out of its way.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just having a driving licence should mean they know what a no entry sign means, but then again having been on "a defensive driver
training course" probably make them feel they are above the law. Which company is it?

I was coming down a supermarket ramp the other day, one way I thought. Coming up it was WVM, I gave him a friendly warning he mouthed something back about the sign. When I got to the bottom of the ramp, I looked back, on the ground it said "No Entry" but on the sign it says "Giveway to oncoming vehicles" which to be fair he was.

Top Bottom