Lands End to John O'Groats in 17m 37s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
damn thats fast!

Barbelier

Ben
Inspirational stuff - especially since I doing JOGLE in September! Well done!:bravo:

I've been planning my route using Mapyx Quo and skipping to Google Street View to see what the route looks like (want to take the most scenic route possible). It's amazing how Google seem to have take pictures of virtually the whole country (including my house & car!). Would be cool if you could plan the whole route and then run it continously in Sreet View. Would kind of spoil the surprise though!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think you can if you convert the route to a tour, but I just set it going and then used the arrow keys to follow the path.

Barbelier

I think you can if you convert the route to a tour, but I just set it going and then used the arrow keys to follow the path.

Thanks Ben
I'll give a go later - off on another training trip shortly.

Must admit I'm really enjoying the route planning, trying to take in as many interesting/scenic areas as possible.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Must admit I'm really enjoying the route planning, trying to take in as many interesting/scenic areas as possible.
Yes, I think it's an enjoyable part of the process.

I'm a huge fan of GPS, but a map is also handy (even just a small UK road atlas) in case you need to revise plans on the fly.

dodgy

Nice job, I really enjoyed the video :smile: We live in a beautiiful country and I won't listen to anyone who says otherwise (and I've just returned from the Alps!).

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

We live in a beautiiful country and I won't listen to anyone who says otherwise (and I've just returned from the Alps!).
Indeed we do. Northumberland was the real eye-opener for me. It doesn't appear to have any tourism profile, and yet it was breathtakingly beautiful.

Top Bottom