Last thirty years of nutritional advice is bunkum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Unfortunately the next thirty years of nutritional advice will be no more useful.

Travs

That article is already a little sensationalist at times. First paragraph: People who don't eat low fat are at less risk of diabetes. Isn't that because its well known that low fat usually means more sugar?
I was always under the impression that anything of 4% fat and below was considered low fat. Oh, just like full-fat mik!? Hardly the drink of satan but if its in a mag, its got to be believed...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Well remembered!

Woody Allen in the days when I thought he was funny-amusing, before I came to the conclusion that he was funny-creepy ...

Hitchington

Lovely stuff

Travs

Lol - I don't doubt where any articles have come from. Generally if it has't come from a medical journal, its likely to have been reworded, which, in itself, is risky.

Julia9054

Guru
As I understand it, the BMJ article states that government advice regarding fat intake since the 1980s was handed out without robust evidence. That is different from saying that it was wrong.

Travs

Its not the definition of incorrect but a trusted source publishing what amounts to hearsay as health advice is still pretty irresponsible

Top Bottom