Late for work?

Late for work?

To save time just push by the cyclist.
Remember, you are more important than the cyclist. How could you not be?! You're wearing a suit. You have a big car, and you have a job. The cyclist probably doesn't have a job or pay any taxes at all. Look at him. All he can afford is a bike!

Yes. Push by the cyclist. No-one will care anyway....[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCctdPfgZZE[/media]

OP
M

magnatom

Uugghh! The formatting of that post is horrible, and editing it makes it worse! Sorry!

thomas

the tank engine
Perhaps apology was to get rid of you, but he did look like once you said about pot hole, etc, that he realised where you were comign from a bit more.

OP
M

magnatom

Perhaps apology was to get rid of you, but he did look like once you said about pot hole, etc, that he realised where you were comign from a bit more.
Aye, he did look like he thought about it a bit. Hopefully, he'll think twice before squeezing next time. Job done. :smile:

I don't think they all do it deliberately...I had a cabbie on the Friday commute back close pass me four times......I could probably tell by his driving that he normally drives like a clown.I think it was four anyway.I have it on camera.He realised I was there to stay when I caught him for the fifth time and eventually overtook him.

OP
M

magnatom

Must have been a big pothole.
You've confused me with that one!?:wacko:

OP
M

magnatom

For those who question my posting of videos, i.e what's the point? Is it worth it?

This video just had this response from a driver:

Ever since i have watched your videos i try to be a better driver by giving cyclists plenty of room. Keep it up.
:biggrin:

Even changing just one drivers attitude is worth it!

jimboalee

1/ I didn't see much wrong with that pass. Come and ride round Birmingham sometime.

2/ Following a maniac unknown motorist into a filling station can be a big mistake. He could have been a 6'6" thug in an uninsured car with false plates aiming to do an early morning 'fill and run'. You could have been in deep water there.

3/ How much time did you waste arguing with a guy who didn't really put you in much danger?

4/ Have another few views of the vidiclip, sit back, take a few deep breaths and ask "How much of my temper was driven by adrenaline?"

OP
M

magnatom

1/ I didn't see much wrong with that pass. Come and ride round Birmingham sometime.

2/ Following a maniac unknown motorist into a filling station can be a big mistake. He could have been a 6'6" thug in an uninsured car with false plates aiming to do an early morning 'fill and run'. You could have been in deep water there.

3/ How much time did you waste arguing with a guy who didn't really put you in much danger?

4/ Have another few views of the vidiclip, sit back, take a few deep breaths and ask "How much of my temper was driven by adrenaline?"
1) The pass was not as bad as it could be as I moved out of the way. Luckily I had just looked back as he approached. Would you agree he was well withing 3 feet on his pass?

2) I'm a bit tougher than my girl screams would have you believe. However, I did stop a distance back from his car, and have an escape route. Of course, one of the safest places to confront someone is probably a petrol station. It has significant CCTV coverage....

3) I personally didn't waste any time. I was not in a particular rush for work, and I felt that there might be a benefit from confronting him. Look at his face when I mention potholes etc. It looks like I got through.

4) Temper! You've never seen me with a temper! I can assure you I was fully in control of my faculties. Not a swear word to the 'gent', a coherent (as coherent as I ever get) conversation, and possibly a driver who will think twice about cutting another cyclist up.

OP
M

magnatom

I'm not sure I did really see you move out the way there?
I did BM. As I looked around I was a strong primary, I moved into secondary when I saw him. I'll agree it deosn't show up well on the video, but I did do it (or at least at the time I thought I did!).

Top Bottom