Late for work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Fair enough but you only have to look at the reaction you get from certain nutters to see how things could turn nasty. The idiot who parks up and comes running at BM clenching his fist as an example and I am pretty sure he said he had another one that pulled the camera from his helmet during a confrontation..

In truth, neither had the courage to do anything on camera apart from a bit of primate posturing. Minor assault, sure, but the camera stopped them from taking it further. Even "teh stupids" like those two displayed, IMO.

Nothing wrong with Mag's position and no need at all for such a close pass.

Well, his position is irrelevant to the bad driving displayed there, but he could have done better on the defensive riding front. He didn't take a strong primary, and didn't really move left as he suggested on the video. I wasn't being unkind, only offering constructive criticism.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
. On the other hand though, I hate it when people turn a blind eye to things.

It is not a case though of turning a blind eye to things more having a zen like attitude and not letting the buggers grind you down.
I used to get really irate and try to chase the so called offender down so I could chastise them but this would just wind me up and stop me from enjoying being on 2 wheels.

Now rarely do I get wound up and enjoy my cycling far far more

Jezston

Über Member
I'm of the attitude that having a go at someone at least makes them THINK about it. You are initially putting them on the defensive, so are likely to get a load of "no I wasn't" "yeah well you should've" and/or worse, but you are getting them to think about something they obviously weren't thinking about at all. Keep it polite and the memory they have of the incident won't be restricted to the cyclist being an peanut.

I'm sure there's some psychological study that shows this kind of thing does actually change people's behaviour.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Looked like a good bit of adaptive riding to me - you saw a close pass coming and moved left to avoid an even closer pass.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I just don't see the move left - I can see him cut the corner a little bit, which is where he's more right, but that's before the look back. Also before the look back is a slight shift left, but there's no move I can see after looking back and clocking the car.

dondare

Über Member
It is not obvious to me at what point Mags moves left. With a whole empty lans next to him, it isn't apparent why he should have to, either.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I always find it amusing how discussions go in completely different directions to the way you think they will. I can never predict it. :wacko::smile:

Origamist

Legendary Member
It is not obvious to me at what point Mags moves left. With a whole empty lans next to him, it isn't apparent why he should have to, either.

At 20/1 secs - it's not easy to spot the feint left due to the head movement to the right that precedes it. I'd hazard somewhere between 6 inches to 10 inches deviation before the pass. Not a great deal, but enough.

Why should he move left? To keep himself safe from morons who refuse to use the full width of the offside lane when overtaking. That's hardly a rare occurence.

Lizban

Feeling in the mood for a little fun this morning so....

Isn't what the poster has done in this clip road rage?

Gets cut up (or overtaken to close) chases the guy and confronts him in an aggressive manner.

If it was a cyclist chased by a car driver we would be up in arms.......

crumpetman

True, but it is rare for a cyclists actions to put a motorists life in danger. It is much easier to forgive someone for getting angry after their safety has been threatened rather than someone who gets angry because their wing mirror almost got clipped.

Lizban

True, but it is rare for a cyclists actions to put a motorists life in danger. It is much easier to forgive someone for getting angry after their safety has been threatened rather than someone who gets angry because their wing mirror almost got clipped.

So road rage is ok if you are a cyclist - because you could be hurt more?!

So road rage is ok if you are a cyclist - because you could be hurt more?!

I can see why it happens and some motons have really got me going with some of the appalling driving and total disregard for anyone else.

Oh yeah have you checked my videos recently?

When did I ever do anything like that to a moton or ped?

Probably never.

Top Bottom