Latest groupset obsession

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I might dust off the idea of swapping the Miche brakes for 105s. But I'd only expecting a change in bling-ness. Any change in function would be a bonus.

I have to say that I've been riding with these Miche brakes for years and have no complaints about them.

DRM

Guru
I might dust off the idea of swapping the Miche brakes for 105s. But I'd only expecting a change in bling-ness. Any change in function would be a bonus.

I have to say that I've been riding with these Miche brakes for years and have no complaints about them.

I have some Miche long drop callipers on another bike, again these replaced the OME Tektro brakes, improving the stopping power on that bike too

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Gcn piece saying that given the cost of new 105 that maybe tiagra is now the people's choice,get a 10 speed ultegra chainset on it and it weighs pretty much the same as 105 for a lot less

Adam4868

Guru
Gcn piece saying that given the cost of new 105 that maybe tiagra is now the people's choice,get a 10 speed ultegra chainset on it and it weighs pretty much the same as 105 for a lot less
I've a bike with 10 speed Ultegra and one with 10 speed Tiagra,ones disc so braking can't be compared really But gear changes etc no difference.
Weight saving ? I'd say go to the toilet before a ride about that much difference 😁

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've a bike with 10 speed Ultegra and one with 10 speed Tiagra,ones disc so braking can't be compared really But gear changes etc no difference.
Weight saving ? I'd say go to the toilet before a ride about that much difference 😁

im not going to argue, im only passing on the gist and the whole mechanical 105 11 speed was about 300g more than tiagra 10 speed 200g of which was in the crank.Im not weight obsessive and atm i have been riding a 11 year old alloy bike with 10 speed sram rival which i have been setting a few pbs on compared to my marginally lighter carbon with 4700 tiagra :smile:

Adam4868

Guru
im not going to argue, im only passing on the gist and the whole mechanical 105 11 speed was about 300g more than tiagra 10 speed 200g of which was in the crank.Im not weight obsessive and atm i have been riding a 11 year old alloy bike with 10 speed sram rival which i have been setting a few pbs on compared to my marginally lighter carbon with 4700 tiagra :smile:
Lol...was only a bit of fun...What's in a name Ultegra/105/Tiagra/Sora ?
Personally speaking for the everyday rider I reckon there's a massive placebo affect 😁

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Are disc brake rotors considered part of a groupset.

Not if the group set includes rim brakes

Top Bottom