LB10SFJ very NSFW swears and tantrums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Saw something on TV once very similar - I believe it was a David Blaine interview - the US Street magician. He said that when he started out his approach sometimes got hostility on the streets when people didn't realise he was a performer, and became aggressive towards him. He said his way of dealing with this everytime was to spot absolute nonsense, such as "My fish has a red shirt - why?". He claimed it always worked for him, as the 'offender' instantly had their anger brought down as their higher brain functions had to kick in trying to make sense of what was said, and once past that moment they just either walked off thinking him to have mental health problems or showed concern.

Not a technique I've ever seen used, but can see the logic. If a cycle cammer could try it, I'd love to see the result! (note - if it fails and you get beaten up anyway, it wasn't my idea!)
I've heard this from from Derren Brown, although it's quite possible that Blaine said it as well. The example Brown said he had used when he was in a sticky situation was, "The wall outside my house is 3ft high." As you say he claims that it calms the situation as the other person tries to make sense of what you've said and why you've said it.

lesley_x

Über Member
I can understand how thinking you're going to be run over could cause the adrenaline to get going. Fight or flight, and the cyclists response at that moment was fight. Not condoning it, he has reacted like a bit of a knob, but I'm saying that from my computer chair, not with a Land Rover Discovery up my bum.

What I can't understand is why people have to be such jerks and we can't just live and let live. It's just very depressing.

The driver has made an apology:

“In response to a video of an incident I was involved in on the March 14, 2015, I would like to apologise for any offence caused.
“My behaviour was unacceptable and regardless of the situation, I shouldn’t react like that.
“I fully appreciate that cyclists have as much right to the road as any other road users.
“I will be making no further comment at this time.”

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtim...r_sorry_____My_behaviour_was_unacceptable___/

I've heard this from from Derren Brown, although it's quite possible that Blaine said it as well. The example Brown said he had used when he was in a sticky situation was, "The wall outside my house is 3ft high." As you say he claims that it calms the situation as the other person tries to make sense of what you've said and why you've said it.

That's it! I stand corrected, Derren Brown it was!

“In response to a video of an incident I was involved in on the March 14, 2015, I would like to apologise for any offence caused.
“My behaviour was unacceptable and regardless of the situation, I shouldn’t react like that.
“I fully appreciate that cyclists have as much right to the road as any other road users.

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtim...r_sorry_____My_behaviour_was_unacceptable___/
I'm a little confused as to why he only chose to apologise once it became public and is getting a reaction? The incident was some weeks ago - plenty of time to apologise.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm a little confused as to why he only chose to apologise once it became public and is getting a reaction? The incident was some weeks ago - plenty of time to apologise.

The apology is a matter of business expediency by the look of it.

It was made now probably because he has only just been identified by the newspaper.

In Monday's story in the paper, the driver is named was represented by a PR company who played a straight bat while they worked out what to do for the best for their client.

Next story is the apology.

The driver can't do a lot more to make amends, but I think the apology is devalued by the fact he is probably more concerned about possible adverse impact on his takings.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

He would like to apologise for his disgraceful behaviour being shown to the world.
If it wasn't for the video he couldn't have cared less.

The apology is a matter of business expediency by the look of it.

It was made now probably because he has only just been identified by the newspaper.

In Monday's story in the paper, the driver is named was represented by a PR company who played a straight bat while they worked out what to do for the best for their client.

Next story is the apology.

The driver can't do a lot more to make amends, but I think the apology is devalued by the fact he is probably more concerned about possible adverse impact on his takings.
I wasn't really confused. The guy is a tw&t and not at all sorry. This is damage limitation and completely empty. He is only sorry he's been caught out.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
That's it! I stand corrected, Derren Brown it was!
OT, I also like Browns way of stopping people sitting next to you on trains or buses etc, I don't know if you've heard it before but what he says is rather than pile a load of your stuff next to you to stop them sitting down you should keep the seat clear and smile at anybody approaching whilst patting the empty seat. Personally I can see it working.

OT, I also like Browns way of stopping people sitting next to you on trains or buses etc, I don't know if you've heard it before but what he says is rather than pile a load of your stuff next to you to stop them sitting down you should keep the seat clear and smile at anybody approaching whilst patting the empty seat. Personally I can see it working.
Trouble is the person who accepts the invite.

Top Bottom