LBS Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

custardpie

Chris James said:
The Bike Factory was set up as Davies Brothers Cycles outgrew their shop in Cuppin Street (now the premises are La Tasca). At that point it was always by far the best shop in Chster and the one all the club cyclists used to hang around in.

I haven't lived in Chester for about 15 years, although my parents still do. I would imagine The Bike Factory is still an excellent shop.

Where is the Edge Cycleworks?

The Edge Cycleworks has recently moved and is now not too far from the Bike Factory, but further in towards Chester on that road.

alfablue

Great work guys!

Just a minor correction, John's Bikes is Bath not Bristol (Walcot Street).

They are an excellent shop, always keen to mod any bike to fit, always ready to do a deal. Head and shoulders better than the local competition.

Went with g/f to buy a road bike at the weekend, they said she could bring it back for an exchange after a few days if not happy! That's really impressive!

She got a Trek 1.2 triple, (£500), they gave her a bottle cage and bottle (£10), SKS mudguards (£26), upgraded saddle (£25), upgraded pedals (£17), and a Giro Monza Helmet (£50) for £550 all in, so saving about £78), and with the quality of service she left very pleased.

Christopher

Über Member
Hewitt Cycles, Leyland: www.hewittbikefitting.co.uk/

good mechanic, nice service, relaxed staff, good stock. Prices okay for parts but not cheap for full bikes. They seem to be keen to sell you what you need, not what you want. They also have a massive stock of rims and spokes and offer a wheel-building service, can't comment on that as I haven't used it.

BTW anyone cycling to the shop sould be alert as Leyland s*cks: narrow rough roads, fast inconsiderate drivers etc.

MarkHR

Quite possible the best bike shop in London

http://www.condorcycles.com/store.html

Condorsm.jpg

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'll nominate the Bike Shed, Exeter.
Always had good service, very helpful and friendly and were still cheerful after I'd tried on 20 pairs of bike shoes. Good range of road and mountain bikes.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
wafflycat said:
Your middle name 'Imelda' Baggy? :biggrin:
;) it was a traumatic experience, and I ended up with a pair of men's shoes.

I'd also recommend http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/
for road bikes. Friendly, know their stuff and will also customise bikes.

Seconded

HelenD123 said:
Thanks John and Dave!

I agree, thanks chaps.

I know a brilliant cycle shop, on a local retail estate, Halfords :biggrin:

Seriously I bought my bike from "Two Wheels Good" in Crouch End London 5 years ago

However my local LBS is in Friern Barnet called The Cycle StoreShiite web sight but so far excellent service. Even fitted my Marathon plus Tyre that I had bought on-line.

Adrian

philr

in Oxford,

Beeline bicycles

good knowledge very friendly, if you like a bike show some ID, and they send you out for a test ride for as long as you like.

shimano

Alpine Bikes, Hamilton Place, Edinburgh gets my vote (and my money). Friendly, knowledgeable staff who actually seem to care, if you just want to browse they'll leave you to it but any questions they'll help and advise. (ps my only involvement with them is as a happy customer)

Top Bottom