LCD Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hi All,

My LCD monitor seems to have died. It flickered a bit between bright and dull, getting worse, over a period of a day or two. Then yesterday - just dark, no display. Switching it off then on again gives a momentary dull image.
I'm wondering if any one else has had this problem and if so any fixes that might be do-able. It's an LG Flatron LCD 563LE LB663C-EA.

Could be the 12V power supply I suppose. That'll be the first thing I check.

Thanks for any thoughts

rh100

if you do try a new psu, make sure it is the same voltage and ampage and that the polarity of the connector is the same.

does the power indicator remain on? can you access the on screen menu display?

twowheelsgood

Backlight failure almost certainly. These are cold cathode tubes and can be sourced and replaced by someone who knows what they are doing (they have high voltage drivers too which are dangerous and also can fail). The tubes themselves are not necesarily expensive, it's just whether the overall effort is worth it.

Davidc

Guru
Sounds like one of mine when the backlight died. It was the drivers that had gone.

'Manufacturers spares' were available but cost almost as much as a new monitor. Alternatives were also available but the cost would still have been more than half the cost of a new monitor.

I bought a new monitor.

Top Bottom