LDN Bridges and Beers Ride. June 14th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
HC station, or the Palace itself ?

I'm very happy to navigate us from HC to Kingston alongside the river, cross Kingston Bridge and then more Thameside path to Richmond.
(This presuming that we get the hoped for hatler turnout.)

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Bridges cannot be too hard. After all you can see the next one most of the time. Beer, by comparison would be much harder, unless FYP is OK.
FYP?

And re other posts mine & Lonica's parents have left it far too late to rearrange the dates of our birthdays....
the Founders Arms next to Blackfriars Bridge
Is definitely of interest.... I shall be turning up with about 10 people, give or take, I think/hope.
In the next couple of days I shall plot a route from LMNH west to coincide with the HC peeps. Any thoughts about a watering hole near Battersea, Albert or Chelsea Bridges?
My lot will include some slower riders so
cross Kingston Bridge and then more Thameside path to Richmond
then comes Twickenham, Kew, Chiswick & Hammersmith - some serious riding will be required (which will make you thirsty!) but conversely will give my posse time to move gently west & work up their own thirst. Then Putney & Wandsworth lead to Battersea....

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
If you plan to be at HC (south side of the bridge) at 10.30 please post to make that clear.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I'm intending to be there.
BTW if you are going east along the river the cycle track is on the north side, then the south after Kingston.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Negotiating the lunch stop at the moment, this will dictate my final route choice.

Some bridges may be missed out under the guise of "artistic licence". The route is subject to minor changes but I will post a link to a broad brush stroke version of it later today, please nobody mention the word Garmin.

I'm sure you are all well versed in these things already but PLEASE look over your bike before the weekend, check the tyres, brakes, cables etc. Bring the tools and spares that you would take on any other ride. The weather still has time to change but at the moment it looks a bit wet in the afternoon, maybe bring a rain jacket.

List from HC:

Adrian
theclaud
ilb

Top Bottom