Leapfroggers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just ignore it and carry on at your own pace. You can't change human nature.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Not quite the same thing, but many years ago, my mate and I were out for the day and a woman overtook us as though we were standing still, We accepted the challenge and sprinted after her and overtook her in fine style, only to find that she had tucked in behind us. try as we might we couldn't shake her off. after a few miles we started climbing a long drag and were almost immediately overtaken again and all we could do was to watch this woman vanish into the distance. We found out later that her name was Beryl Burton :blush:

Herbie

Veteran
You sound like a leapfrogger! Why did you see his overtake as an invitation to race?

Forgot to mention that the guy that bombed past me was riding a fancy fast looking road bike and looked much younger than me....so I was happy to be able to catch him up and stay with him on my Touring bike...my Galaxy likes a challenge and maybe he was a bit miffed about that...but hey I enjoyed it and to me it was just a wee bit of sport and no harm done :bicycle:

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Forgot to mention that the guy that bombed past me was riding a fancy fast looking road bike and looked much younger than me....so I was happy to be able to catch him up and stay with him on my Touring bike...my Galaxy likes a challenge and maybe he was a bit miffed about that...but hey I enjoyed it and to me it was just a wee bit of sport and no harm done :bicycle:

Cool. To be honest I'd have had no problem with him jumping on my wheel or dropping me, I was just irritated by the fact he kept passing me then slowing right down!

Herbie

Veteran
Cool. To be honest I'd have had no problem with him jumping on my wheel or dropping me, I was just irritated by the fact he kept passing me then slowing right down!

Aye I see your point that's a bit annoying....sometimes I don't give chase and couldn't give a toss who overtakes me...depends on my mood and if i'm feeling fit enough at that point....sometimes you may have cycled a good distance and are a bit worn out when you are passed and that person may have just started out so will be fresh....you never can know?

crazyjoe101

If someone overtakes me I feel obliged to keep up for as long as I can or until they leave my route, maintaining what I think's a safe distance. I don't overtake unless there's an actual reason to do so.

As for leapfroggers... I don't meet many cyclists on the road but no-one's caught me after an overtake yet :smile:, at least not without commiting a traffic offense.

Top Bottom