Learning to ride at 30 months

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by User, 7 Oct 2007.

1. User

User Guest

2. longers

longers Veteran

Video not ready yet.:biggrin:

3. longers

longers Veteran

Good effort. :biggrin: That looks like great bit of kit and a fantastic idea for learning to balance on two wheels.
    Are they dear? How long will it last him before he grows out of it or wants a bike with peddles?

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

User, that is ace, you've just made an old cynic go dewy eyed, what you do ? Just remove the pedals ? Must admit it sounds the best way to teach a bairn to balance a bike, and at 2 1/2 yrs. You must be one proud Mo' Fo' !!!
    Well done.

5. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

30Months???????

He's better than me :biggrin::biggrin:

Lovely vid :biggrin:

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

If you still have it in 2 years, bear me in mind...:biggrin: Although I think my sister is sold on the idea of a Likeabike, and I have to admit, that would be my choice, dosh permitting, just out of an old fashioned love of wooden toys...

Saw a little lad out on a Likeabike on Saturday, with his Grandad - he was at about the same stage, managing a few longish freewheels. Made me go all dewy eyed too.

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

:biggrin::angry::biggrin::biggrin::evil::biggrin::biggrin::angry::biggrin:

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

is that a chav passing mid way through the video or was that you?

9. cyclebum

cyclebum Senior Member

Oh dear, watch out Longers:smile::biggrin:

10. hambones

hambones Well-Known Member

Very cute vid.

Took me back to my youngest boy who, inspired by watching his older brother, insisted his stabilisers came off at 30 months. He nailed the balance and pedalling within 20 minutes. Now he's 4 and doing jumps, no-hands and standing on the saddle (that trick makes me particularly nervous!)

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (Must remember to click links before posting in threads) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

12. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Would be funny if you did though. But we'd have heard the 'tickling riff' on the vid if you had...:biggrin:

13. Yay! My best friend is having a little boy in a couple of months. Guess what his auntie Kirstie can't wait to to get him?

14. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Great video, It's been discussed quite a few times on forums about how to teach kids how to ride. This always came up as the best and easiest way to teaching youngsters how to balance.:biggrin:

15. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Me too. Mind you,even fluffy bunnies and flowers make me dewy eyed at certain times of the month. :biggrin:

Those bikes seem a really good idea to me. 'Scooting' seems to be a best way to learn balance, before any complicated pedalling or braking and even more complicated gears, come into it. I think I learned without stabilisers like that, only on a bike with pedals - with my Dad running and pushing me. It took my sister a lot longer then me to learn to ride, using stabilisers. I think she ended up relying on them too much rather than finding her own balance. It took her years until she was confident without them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice