1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leather palmed summer glove anywhere?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 8 Mar 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I have a well used (20+ years old!)pair of fingerless summer cycling gloves with a leather palm. They need replacing. Does anybody know where I can find a apair of leather palmed cycling gloves?

I bought these a long time ago somewhere in Germany but I haven't seen them over here.

I want leather palms instead of gel because if I fall off my palm is likely to be go down onto the road first and I feel leather would protect my skin better than gel.

Any ideas?

2. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

BTFB, aren't modern gloves made with clarino(?) (synthetic leather)? My Specialized BG Comp gloves have this, anyway.

Anyroad, Prendas Ciclismo are great for retro stuff, check these out;
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1818&referrer=botw2

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

prendas is good gear, to look at anyway

leather palm can still have gel can't it?

my PI LBS bargain bucket long fingered gloves are leather palmed

them prendas mitts were £5 a few weeks ago

4. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

When I went down at >25mph last year, the clarino palms of my Spesh gloves kept my palm free of damage.

Was only my palms and my feet that didn't sustain some kind of damage.

5. Wolvesandy

Wolvesandy New Member

6. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

You may also be able to get the Adidas adistar mitts which I use. They scored 9/10 and got a best buy in a C+ review a couple of years ago

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

My spesh gloves are gel padded.

As for Prendas, I only have their arm warmers and a gilet, but have found both those very good - great service too.

8. andygates

andygates New Member

Cheapo meshback leather gloves are in your JJB in the weightlifting section, cheap as chips.

9. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

10. simonali

simonali Über Member