Leather saddle care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crackle said:
Chuffy, Noodley do you cover the saddle when you're riding or is it for cafe stops and things?
Er, I cover it with my arse when I'm riding....
The cover is just for when it's parked and a bit exposed. Doesn't hurt to cover the saddle if the bike is left in the sun too (dries out the leather).

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Right. all clear. Conflicting advice on tightening then: I shall wait until I cross that saggy bridge before I decide.

I stuck it on today but after my ride, so it's only roughly set up. I shall have a sesh on the turbo tomorrow to get it fine tuned and see how it all feels. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I should have gone for the normal rather than narrow. Though my sit bones fit on, it feels as though they are near the edge but I guess when it softens and spreads it won't feel like that.

Danny

Legendary Member
I was always told by a friend who used to work in an LBS that it was important not to let your Brooks get wet as this would cause the leather to stretch at collapse.

Not sure how true this really is, but I carry around a plastic bag to cover the saddle with if I leave it outside for any length of time. Saves you from getting a wet bum as well.

Top Bottom