Leather saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Creaks. I've now ridden Brooks and Spa for about 5 years but I've finally given up. Not a comfort thing, just that there are more than enough places for strange noises to come from on my bike without the saddle being one of them. So I've moved both road bikes to Charge Spoons

I've got the wider Charge Pan with a leather cover, a very comfy saddle indeed for my physicality.

These:
1343227638811-8angs5lo0968-700-80.jpg

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes, I think you're right, they're probably made by the same company. It seems ok on the first few rides, if a bit hard, but obviously, it will take hundreds of miles for it to properly settle in.

So far so good for my Nidd.

I've done 200+ miles on it in the last week - a lot for me - and while I couldn't quite describe the Nidd as comfortable, there is no post-ride discomfort which there might have been had I done the same mileage on the previous saddle.

I've had saddles in the past which I've liked for weeks or even months, but then hit problems.

Hopefully the Nidd won't go the same way.

I agree it's very hard, so it's just as well it is usable out of the box, because I think it will take many miles to bed in.

RedRider

Pulling through
Fitted a Cambium C15 to my Fratello a couple of weeks ago but I've only had a couple of short-ish rides on it (~30 miles) so I can't comment on long term comfort, so far it feels pretty good.
I've had a test cambium c15 for the last month and had the chance to do a couple of 80 mile rides and it feels great so I've just bought one on Friday. Now I need to find a matching slate grey bar tape ( don't like the look of the rubbery Brookes version, nor their cotton tape.)
I can't compare with a leather saddle cos I've never had one but the 'hammock' construction will affect riding style I think. I'm tending to sit in the saddle a little more, less concerned about using my legs as suspension over rougher and uneven surfaces. I'm not sure whether it's a good habit to get into tbh but I can do it cos the hammock is comfortable and adds a little suspension.

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
Update, the saddle is getting more comfy after 400+ miles, but I had to file the edges of the holes in the top smoother, they seemed a bit too sharp on my saddle.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom