Leather saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Also curious about folk who seem happy to pay a grand or so for a bike + a wodge for 'the gear' but champ about maybe paying £60 - 70 on a saddle which will last for an entire lifetime.
Because many people try lots of saddles, few let you test ride them like a bike and Brooks are more expensive than most.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I had a Brookes Swift on my commuter many years ago. Should have been called the Brookes Shawshank. It broke, I celebrated.

goody

Veteran
I look forward to my first brooks in the same way as I look forward to retirement and growing a beard. I already have a carradice saddlebag so those days are not too far off.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm hope to pursuede you otherwise ....

I'll give you a tanner that joke.

GuyBoden

Guru
Got one of these today, I'll give it a 50mile first test ride today with my best padded shorts and plenty of undercarriage cream.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Real-Leather-Bicycle-Saddle-/151946047118
$_57.JPG

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

martint235

Dog on a bike
Creaks. I've now ridden Brooks and Spa for about 5 years but I've finally given up. Not a comfort thing, just that there are more than enough places for strange noises to come from on my bike without the saddle being one of them. So I've moved both road bikes to Charge Spoons

fatjel

Veteran
I've been a Charge Spoon user for a few years now, but they seem to turn on one after a couple of hundred ks
My latest fave is a Fizik Aliante.
I still like a brooks but they're very heavy
Of course my recumbent trike has the comfiest saddle. (mesh ice trike)

Top Bottom