Leaves Not good for your health

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steven2907

Regular
Corning around a relatively sharp bend my front wheel slid then gripped then the rear went and gripped. Lucky lucky. Defo not good for your health.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed. I have stopped riding through the local park due to the amount of leaves, and more importantly conkers!!!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I dont have many trees on my commute. Instead the sea has been throwing up all kinds and I now have to avoid sand, stones, pebbles, seaweed, bark, logs, branches, broken shells, and other bits and bobs when going along the prom. Its just a mine field out there!

Leodis

Veteran
Off'ed this morning, trying to pass some people on a shared path I didnt see the slope on the path as sas covered by leafs, my wrist hurts but not as much as my pride.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Guy on yesterdays club run lost in on leaves yesterday, luckily (?) he was only doing about 5 mph at the time and his pride was hurt more than his joy.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
From the title I thought the op was referring to salad leaves :rolleyes:

Berties

Fast and careful!
I ride with a chap who has gonads the size of footballs on hill descents,even he slows right down for leaf covered bends,sticky messes that hide pot holes ,stones and debris ,still if these winds stay they will get rid of leaves pronto

Shaun

Founder
There's nothing quite like the front wheel slipping from under you to scare the life out of you (and get your heart leaping out of your chest) - and it happens soooooo quick too - slip, down, ouch - all in a split second - no time to react.

Sounds like to got away with it though ... @Lucky!! :thumbsup:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I did a nice sideways powerslide on my kinesis last year thanks to a pile of wet leaves. I thought I was going to lose another bike.

Acorns are just as dangerous. Went over some the other week (council here very kindly cleared all the pavements ...into the cyclepath) and they're both slippery until they pop open, then they can slice your tyre.

Top Bottom