led conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heliphil

Guru
I just bought two 1/2 watt led's for Farnel ( £1.14) and replaced the bulb in my old rear Wonderlight with them. The output seems about 3-4 time as much and the current is down to 30 milli amps 9 which gives something like 15 hours plus out of the rechargeable Nicads I use.... That were the last of the incandescent bulbs that I have on bike - all 4 lights are LED's

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice i now have a total of 15 AAA batteries to recharge !!

1x 6 watt torch 3 AAA
2x 1 watt lights 4 AAA each
1x smart flasher 2AA
1X 5led flasher 2AA

On top of that i have a helmet mounted flasher running on cr32? batteries and a clip on flasher from morrisons petrol station that came with 3 spare watch batterries

Davidc

Guru
cyberknight said:
Nice i now have a total of 15 AAA batteries to recharge !!

1x 6 watt torch 3 AAA
2x 1 watt lights 4 AAA each
1x smart flasher 2AA
1X 5led flasher 2AA

On top of that i have a helmet mounted flasher running on cr32? batteries and a clip on flasher from morrisons petrol station that came with 3 spare watch batterries

I know the feeling.

I have 2 bikes with a total of 6 battery lights, and 2 alarms using AAA and AA batteries - all rechargeable! Plus spares that I carry in my saddle bags.

I do have fast charging for 6 cells available so not yet a problem.

OP
OP
heliphil

heliphil

Guru
well after having the light on test at the weekend ( 6 hours) tonights ride home will be the first real world test - they certainly seem very bright in the dark, but not too much to dazzle any drivers...

I am now looking for a suitable front light to change....

OP
OP
heliphil

heliphil

Guru
probably early 80's when my brother worked in a bike shop.... - I reckon that I could install it all in a much smaller light (which I will do when I find a suitable donor light)

andrew_s

Legendary Member
hubgearfreak said:
can we that are unfamiliar with them, have a photo?

wonderlight

They use those flat 4.5v batteries that the Petzl Zoom head torches used
battery

Top Bottom