Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
@User9609 - we left at about 9.15 or so and Crackle and I arrived at the chippy at about 5.30pm I think. We had two food stops and a few regroups along the way and I did the flat route. Others did the hilly route. I'm 4'11 and ride bikes marketed for children, with 650c wheels, although the Trek I used on Saturday was marketed as a small adult bike when I bought it years ago. Clearly the others are taller and move quicker than I do, so maybe they could knock 30-60 minutes off my arrival time?

For the Llandudno ride this year I got the train from Eureka otherwise I'd still be on the route at nightfall. That was a good idea, so may well do the same next year. The chippy at the end is well worth the effort.

I think I've got about 6.45 riding time and 8 hours total time. I didn't really pay attention to when we set off and when we finished

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 4986472, member: 9609"]what time are you doing this ride in ?
I often do an 84 miler down to my mums but that takes me a whopping 10 hours. even though I'm knocking out 5000 mile a year my overall speeds just never improve. :sad:[/QUOTE]
You might find this article interesting!

si_c

Guru
I think I've got about 6.45 riding time and 8 hours total time. I didn't really pay attention to when we set off and when we finished
Just checked, and for me I have ~5.45 ride time and 9 hours elapsed time, which is about par for the course I think. On a social ride like that a 10mph overall average is pretty decent as it means around 12-15mph moving average, which is probably the top end of how fast you'd want the ride to go overall without deliberately breaking it up into fast and slow groups.

Just checked, and for me I have ~5.45 ride time and 9 hours elapsed time, which is about par for the course I think. On a social ride like that a 10mph overall average is pretty decent as it means around 12-15mph moving average, which is probably the top end of how fast you'd want the ride to go overall without deliberately breaking it up into fast and slow groups.
I think your elapsed time includes the chippy before you rode to the pub.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi Folks.

Rather than trying to tag all possible interested parties individually in a new thread, I think it will be easier to start the frenzy by posting here.

2018 Leeds-Scarborough ride thread now open!

Top Bottom