Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
1 (26).JPG
1 (27).JPG
1 (33).JPG

Attachments

• 1 (36).JPG
    1 (36).JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 86

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
1 (36).JPG
1 (37).JPG
1 (38).JPG
1 (39).JPG
1 (40).JPG
1 (43).JPG
1 (44).JPG
1 (45).JPG
1 (46).JPG
1 (47).JPG

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Got home just before 8.

Many thanks to Nicky for not only organising but for also bringing the fine weather and the SW breeze. I think I spent around 80% of the time in the big ring (of a triple) and on several occasions ran out of gears on the back - this was on the flat. It was as good as cycling gets.

A big thanks to all for the lovely company and to Julia and Tommo who offered moral support just outside Scarborough when I began to hit the wall. A banana and some salted nuts helped me see off those final few mole hills.

Overall a great day and well worth forfeiting the Saturday lie in.

postman

Legendary Member
A few of them photos were in Aberford if my memory serves me well.I can't believe where you had fish and chips.That area was my dads favourite part of Scarborough.He died in 1986.Thanks for the memories guys.I hope to come along next year if you do it again.
Now i have got my turbo trainer from steve50.I am glad you had a fab ride in brilliant weather.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, a fantastic day out, and it was a full day for me - I left at 07:25 and got home at 21:40. The only rain all day, was some light drizzle at the end of my street just before I got back in.

I think it was about 85 miles all told, and about 3/4 of that was boosted by the mighty cross/tailwind. A few of us commented that it was the easiest 85 miles that we have ever ridden. The only way for it to be easier would be to be driven to the top of mountain passes and freewheel back down again.

Many thanks to @nickyboy for organising it, and especially for arranging that wind for us!

The fish and chips were as good as promised.

Nice to meet familiar faces again, and several other CycleChatters who I was meeting for the first time. I look forward to the next time that our wheeltracks cross! :hello: (I will soon start a thread about the Season of Mists audax which is taking place on October 9th from Mytholmroyd to the Forest of Bowland and back. Let's see if some of us can get together for that.)

Fantastic day. Great weather, great company and great fish and chips. Many thanks to @nickyboy for organising and leading the ride. It's a must for an annual event around this time of year. Really enjoyed meeting new and familiar faces. Sleep well all.

Buck

Guru
Firstly, a huge thanks to @nickyboy for organising the ride today. You could tell a lot of work had gone into the route planning and checking so thanks for that. How the heck you managed to sort the weather and tails wind, I'll never know, but great work on that also.

Despite my unintentional detour at the end (aka I got lost!) it was a fantastic ride and lovely to catch up with a couple of familiar faces as well as meet lots of new ones - thank you.

Today was my longest ride to date and a nice way to do it too. The next stop will be my metric imperial century...

Finally, a big thank you to Paul @Kestevan for the lift and especially Anita, Mrs Kestevan, for driving us all the way back.

Here's to the next one. :okay:[/S]

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Looks like you all had a great ride, did Dog Kennel Hill going up to Temple Newsam House take you by surprise ? would have been a bit easier with the wind at your backs.

We were in The Adephi Saturday afternoon, you will have passed it on your way out of Leeds it was manic round that area, there was the Mint Festival on at The Tetley, did you see anything of it or was it all quite at 9.00 am ?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x48795c39bef6fadd:0x2529e24b2de94794!2m10!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m4!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/the+Adelphi/@53.7932025,-1.5412429,3a,75y,46.71h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sXnU95gnlXywInwK8QHvCyA*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0x2529e24b2de94794!5sthe Adelphi - Google Search&imagekey=!1e4!2s106288669&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimkpKwhKrPAhVmGsAKHXQKCUcQpx8IhAEwCg

Last edited:
Top Bottom