Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran
2001-2015 : 6 different old shonky boats - not a winner in sight
Early 2016 - a really good talking to by Mrs D and 6 boats sold, 1 new shiny fast boat bought
Spring/summer 2016 - winning races all over the place. In fact, its getting in the way of my cycling now.

I'm glad you asked though, because I thought I'd told pretty much everyone in the country by now. Quite sure I told everyone on Saturdays ride a few times each just to make sure they got it. In fact now I think about it maybe that's why everyone was cycling so fast near the end when I got dropped.

mythste

Veteran
2001-2015 : 6 different old shonky boats - not a winner in sight
Early 2016 - a really good talking to by Mrs D and 6 boats sold, 1 new shiny fast boat bought
Spring/summer 2016 - winning races all over the place. In fact, its getting in the way of my cycling now.

I'm glad you asked though, because I thought I'd told pretty much everyone in the country by now. Quite sure I told everyone on Saturdays ride a few times each just to make sure they got it. In fact now I think about it maybe that's why everyone was cycling so fast near the end when I got dropped.

Wow! That's quite some turnaround!

Now, What about the para glider...? Missing a tail wind for 80 miles is one thing, but missing this gossip is another entirely!

doughnut

Veteran
Still dreaming about the para-glider - still not yet quite got over the breakup of the hang glider in '91. :cry:

Saturday nights main gossip was about @mike3121 and his new bar in the back kitchen. Every mans dream come true as far I can tell, though Mrs mike wasn't convinced about the hatch through to the kitchen so he will have to walk round and ask nicely for his sandwiches instead of just shouting through for some butties. Utopia in the middle of the Wirral - I shoot you not!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You didn't tell ME, but that was probably because I was busy chasing si_c up the road at 30 mph. Well, HE was doing 30 mph - I was doing 28 mph trying to catch him but that wasn't working!

Eventually he took pity on me and slowed down which gave me a chance to talk at him about my favourite subject ... Well to my surprise, it turned out that statistics boffin Si had done some research into how frequently rat poison addicts such as me accidentally pop their clogs from the medication rather than the illness for which it is being dished out!

There was then some mention of the Poisson Distribution, which went slightly over my head, but I think it was about how the folk at the chippy would ration the fish if supplies started to run out ... :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Are there any pictures of Nicky in sandals. I'm slightly worried his sandal wearing was cowed by another thread?

What happened in Scarborough stays in Scarborough

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@nickyboy - after its great debut last year, do you intend to do a rerun of this ride in 2017 and if so, do you have a date in mind? I will make sure that I don't plan a forum ride of my own for the date chosen. (I already have a few big rides planned but I will do my best to make it to the rerun, if it does take place.)

si_c

Guru
@nickyboy - after its great debut last year, do you intend to do a rerun of this ride in 2017 and if so, do you have a date in mind? I will make sure that I don't plan a forum ride of my own for the date chosen. (I already have a few big rides planned but I will do my best to make it to the rerun, if it does take place.)

Give the poor lad a chance :smile: He's not done the earlier one yet :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom