Left-hand drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I'm sure the drive train is on the right here, its just that the picture has been printed in reverse showing a mirror image.

Yes, I'm sure this point is accepted. It does expose though the disconnect between graphic design and technical accuracy. For a few years I was responsible for briefing marketing and advertising agencies on various quite technical topics in order that thy could present an image or artwork that conveyed the essence of what was being described. It took me a while to realise that you take NOTHING for granted in terms of technical awareness or knowledge, even things you might feel are fundamental common sense. Flipping an image is often used because it allows for better alignment with text or other assets on the page, sometimes it is said that left-to-right looks better than right-to-left in terms of some actions and shapes and a simple flip can fix it. However you can run into exactly the issue here, where an organisation responsible for cycling matters can lose credibility because they can't get the drivetrain on the right side (the same goes for Eurosport - the purveyors of cycling sports media shoot themselves in the foot every time that little clip is shown; previously discussed here).

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes, I'm sure this point is accepted. It does expose though the disconnect between graphic design and technical accuracy. For a few years I was responsible for briefing marketing and advertising agencies on various quite technical topics in order that thy could present an image or artwork that conveyed the essence of what was being described. It took me a while to realise that you take NOTHING for granted in terms of technical awareness or knowledge, even things you might feel are fundamental common sense. Flipping an image is often used because it allows for better alignment with text or other assets on the page, sometimes it is said that left-to-right looks better than right-to-left in terms of some actions and shapes and a simple flip can fix it. However you can run into exactly the issue here, where an organisation responsible for cycling matters can lose credibility because they can't get the drivetrain on the right side (the same goes for Eurosport - the purveyors of cycling sports media shoot themselves in the foot every time that little clip is shown; previously discussed here).

I've not seen the Eurosport thread before and I've never watched Eurosport. the briefing marketing and advertising agencies job sounds interesting.

Top Bottom