Leg shaving...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ok, so I was bored (really bored) one night about 3 months ago and decided it would be a good idea to try shaving my legs. As a trial, to see: a) How much hassle it wouldd be to do & b) if they would feel 'odd'. DOing it in the winter would be a sly way of testing, without cause for possible ridicule :smile:

As shorts weather has suddenly arrived I have been caught out a litle bit. I feel I should shave 'em again and sharpish. Only problem is, that I am fairly lazy and not sure if I could manage the upkeep. It took me ages the first time because I was such a dubmass as to have not used the electric hair clippers to get rid of the 'main wool', before switching to the razor, for the finesse work. I ended up blunting about 3 disposable razors and taking something like 30 mins to to one leg! Heh. I twigged that I was being a ridiculous fool and used the clipper/razor combo, for leg #2 (the left one, for those who are interested). Anyway the crux is this - should I commit now to 6 months of upkeep and tweak my hair removal technique as I go, or slack off and stick with the hairy look?

Edit: oh yeah - and does anybody have any 'easy win' ways to do it? Nothing involving strange chemicals or lazers!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm a man, my legs are hairy.

It's also better when you blast past the people who have shaved their legs :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mate.. you're a well deserved, fully paid up member of the fast roadie club thingy.. you gotta go hairless..you gotta... other wise the others will be sniggering at you behind your back ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I had an ex girlfriend who swore by her Epilator. Apparently you can get them for men, same thing but painted blue I reckon.:whistle:

I don't shave my legs BTW so have no experience of such things.

I hadn't even thought about shaving my legs until I read this thread. errmmm..... Might do it if nothing else it will annoy Mrs Viking!

Reactions: 4F

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
just give em a wiz once a week in the bath... it'll take no more than 5 mins

but don't be fooled... it's about vanity more than anything else. you might feel faster but it won't make you go faster.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Once a week? Stubble. xx(:thumbsdown: Legs should be hairy or smooth. One or t'other.

Do them every other day, preferably daily. Hardly takes any time. For the best effect, do them just before going to bed and make sure you moisturise them before slipping between the sheets. :thumbsup:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Depends if your just cycling, I swim too, so coming up to a Triathlon race, think ill give em a shave and keep it up over the summer. My hairs are blonde so hardly even looks different.

Nearly there

Veteran
Talking bout shaving but every time some bloke gets his kit off ont telly on one of these embarrassing body type shows etc they all seem to be shaven downstairs is this the norm and does it make you go faster :laugh:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ok, Tonight's the night, I think. I will have a go at the clipper / razor speed method and report back with my stats, based upon time, quality of finish and cuts, heh.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom