Leg shaving...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Surely the best bit of being a man is not feeling under pressure to keep every bit of your body hair-free and shiny smooth? Not that I bow to this ridiculousness myself.

I tried an epilator once and it took me four hours to do one leg. So painful and I'm in awe of my friend who runs it over her oxters and bikini line with nary a second thought :stop:

VamP

Banned
If you race, then you will most likely feel like a twat if you have hairy legs (assuming you know shame!). I speak from 1st hand experience, having expected to race wearing leg warmers I didn't bother to shave my legs, then the weather warmed up last minute, off the leg warmers come, exposing my hairy legs, what a twonk I felt!

MMM. No doesn't bother me. Now if I were the twonk causing crashes, then yes I would know shame beyond bounds. But hairy legs, nah.

triangles

Über Member
Shaving your legs has nothing to do with aerodynamics

... unless you follow Mike Burrows' instructions quoted in the Guardian today:

"If you've got a little bit of hair on your legs it will turbulate [sic] the air so you get a better flow. Now this in itself creates friction, so you don't want all your leg hairy you just want two thin strips, each about 10mm wide, just before the sides of your legs – though you will look really stupid.

You need the turbulent boundary layer – provided by these strips of hair - to get the air around the corner, and you need a smooth layer for it to flow over. But the leg is such a rubbish shape that ideally you want an aerofoil on the back of it."

For more fantastic tips, see here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2013/apr/17/male-cyclists-shave-legs

:tongue:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
From one of the comments in the Guardian article:

"Although one could equally make the allegation that with its skintight clothing, shaving of body parts and lubricating chamois creams, cycling is just a terminally kinky activity full stop." :shy:

potsy

Rambler
I'm going to go and begin 'the procedure' now. I'll update later (exciting, huh).
Will there be an Andrew Culture style web cam so we can all watch the 'fettling'? :laugh:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Done (no cuts). Clippers only, with no plastic guard on, so basically grade zero. Tiny suggestion of stubble but nothing to write home about. That'll do - cba to do razor over the top! Gotta be happy with that! :smile:

Top Bottom