Leg shaving....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I have a male friend with rather hairy legs who had just one leg waxed for a charity event. He said it took about two years for both legs to look the same again

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did shave my legs once. It was for a naked bike ride. I was thrown off for being a perv and wearing shorts. 😉 View attachment 536223
If I'd had legs (or arms) as hairy as that, I'd definitely have been shaving them!

A woman saw me shaving the backs of my fingers and hands once. She asked why I was doing it. I said that I preferred my hands to look like hands rather than the paws of a wolf! :laugh: (She told me not to be silly, and that she thought that hairy hands were sexy... :wacko: Didn't stop me though! :okay:)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Matt Seaton explains in his excellent little book The Escape Artist that leg shaving marks the move from amateur to pro. It's all about the culture of smartness and cleanliness and Seaton says that if you turned up for a race with hairy legs you'd be laughed out of the peloton.
One of the things Seaton just gets wrong. Most amateur club riders shave, and most have no intention of going "pro". In fact this whole "looking pro" thing is weird. It appears to mean looking as though you're racing or ready to race when you have never done so.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If I'd had legs (or arms) as hairy as that, I'd definitely have been shaving them!

A woman saw me shaving the backs of my fingers and hands once. She asked why I was doing it. I said that I preferred my hands to look like hands rather than the paws of a wolf! :laugh: (She told me not to be silly, and that she thought that hairy hands were sexy... :wacko: Didn't stop me though! :okay:)
You do realise she was trying to pull you 😁

Globalti

Legendary Member
One of the things Seaton just gets wrong. Most amateur club riders shave, and most have no intention of going "pro". In fact this whole "looking pro" thing is weird. It appears to mean looking as though you're racing or ready to race when you have never done so.

Er.... Isn't that the whole posing roadie thing anyway? I'm sure many people check their look in the mirror before going out on the best bike.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Er.... Isn't that the whole posing roadie thing anyway? I'm sure many people check their look in the mirror before going out on the best bike.

Not me. :becool:

Top Bottom