Legacy = more path cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
So some days I train in running which isn't nowhere near as enjoyable as cycling but never mind.
I'm running along a narrow path next to a busy road & some 'farther' is riding along the path with his son & daughter in front of him. Now they had helmets on so I'd assume the parent would be teaching them some road cycle craft. Only no, as me & a mate had to jump into the busy road to avoid them. This boils my p1$$ & the path riding BSO's are on the increase. I hope an oap kicks them into the road rather than be run down by them.

I guess it's down to so many noobs that are scared to be on the busy roads.

Rant over.

akb

Veteran
This is a joke right?

Kbrook

Veteran
When I first taught my kids to get used to riding near busy roads we would sometimes ride on the pavement. Nice to see you are so understanding.

And why do people on here start a sentence with so?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It's ok they said thank you, & I understand. It just gives the elderly the willies.

DRHysted

Guru
Must admit if I'd been forced into a busy road, I might not be so understanding either. If your on the pavement give way to pedestrians.

sabian92

Über Member
Adults - fair enough. Moan all you like.

Kids... really? Is the road the safest place for them?

Reactions: akb

chriss2.0

no wonder cyclists seem to be getting a bad name all the more recently.
unfortunately the local cycling police arnt helping, they are quick to tell you off, but they dont indicate, they dont stay by the side of the road (to let motorists past) and it would seem that they dont practice what they preach, eg: going on public pathways, cycling across pedestrian crossings, and cycling in "no cycling" zones

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I remember back in the 90's Police would always tell you to get off your bike on pavements. Now it's just wet behind the ears toy cops who couldn't discipline a 6 year old.

Top Bottom