Legacy upload page on Ride with gps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My really old Garmin Dakota gps will only speak to the legacy upload page. I can only access the legacy page on internet explorer , using Chrome I get a blank white page.

The Dakota has never let me down in thousands of miles so dont want to bin it for a probably less reliable "upgrade".I suspect Ride with GPS will stop recognising explorer soon.

Anyone know a way around this?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You should be able to pull the gpx files off the GPS and store them on a PC then upload them. That's what I do with my very venerable 60CSX and my very very old (non USB! Serial only) 76S.

I use MapSource which I actually purchased. Back in the old days when you bought software and it came in a satisfying box. You may be able to download it from somewhere or get a utility of some sort that will pull the files.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

I'm one of the guys behind Ride with GPS, just wanted to chime in and say we will not be removing the legacy upload page or removing support for IE. It's not a problem for us to keep it around, so we'll do so for years to come.
Thanks for the reply ,that's great to hear. I am another big fan .

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm one of the guys behind Ride with GPS, just wanted to chime in and say we will not be removing the legacy upload page or removing support for IE. It's not a problem for us to keep it around, so we'll do so for years to come.
Can I put a request to you? On the rides page can you add the bike? I like to see which ride I did on which bike, currently the only way is to go into each ride. Thanks

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

This might do the trick https://www.easygps.com/gps-receivers/Garmin-Dakota-20.asp

I don't know anything about it and have never used it tho. But it, or MapSource, or something similar should work.
Downloaded it and it works for me on Chrome so I have both options now.:okay:

Top Bottom