Legal P.E.D's discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It's also 2/3 of the ECA stack, which was popular with body builders a decade ago - mostly for weightloss.

Also "eat junk"? Why would they do that, when there are better ways to get drugs into your blood system than through your stomach anyway? Really sounds like an urban myth.

Like what intravenous?!

PK99

Legendary Member
I guess most folks here will be happy with a nice strong espresso mid ride, and, those of us who use gels, with a caffeine gel toward the end of a sportive?

from wiki:

Caffeine is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant of the methylxanthine class. It is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Unlike many other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world.

Aside: when suffering from anxiety/depression some years ago, my therapist advised only drinking decaff as caffeine mimics the physiological effects of Anxiety.

dim

it's all about money

look at Froome .... when he became the number 1 rider for Sky, (even though he had been sponsored by them for a while), his salary increased by 10 times ....

These guys are professional athletes .... it's their job and this is their only source of income plus they only have a few years when they will be at their peak .... so they want to cash in while they can

the same applies to any professional sport where stakes are high

Tin Pot

Guru
It's also 2/3 of the ECA stack, which was popular with body builders a decade ago - mostly for weightloss.

Also "eat junk"? Why would they do that, when there are better ways to get drugs into your blood system than through your stomach anyway? Really sounds like an urban myth.

Why would junkies eat junk? I think you misunderstand my post.

Tin Pot

Guru
Obviously not. I assumed that you meant heroin, and that people deliberately damaged their stomachs before eating it.

What did you mean?

It wasn't body builders and I honestly I can't recall which drug it was, but no not heroin...it was probably either; acid, coke, speed, base speed, amphetamine, opium, mushrooms, hashish or alcohol.

For me and for others 'junkies' includes any drug addict.

Now I list them out I see you point, almost none of these are consumed or embibed. :smile:. I remember when it was and where I was when I learned this but I can't recall the exact conversation. I'm now guessing it was alcohol, or less likely hash cakes.

Yours tired,

TP

Turns out coke and aspirin has a venerable history of being seen to have remarkable powers

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/aspirin.asp

eg
In some parts of the U.S., girls were in the habit of keeping a careful eye on their Cokes, lest some less-than-successful Lotharios slip aspirin into their drinks, rendering them wanton and willing. In other areas, kids downed aspirin and Cokes with the firm belief that they'd soon be lightheaded and silly.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Turns out coke and aspirin has a venerable history of being seen to have remarkable powers

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/aspirin.asp

eg
The belief the combination of Coke and aspirin forms an intoxicant comes up in the 1978 film Grease.

Wow.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It's scary that it's legal to buy SARMS and Prohormones here in the u.k but they'd get you banned from contest. Furthermore many of these compounds haven't had long enough clinical trials and who knows what damage is been done.

stephec

Legendary Member
It's scary that it's legal to buy SARMS and Prohormones here in the u.k but they'd get you banned from contest. Furthermore many of these compounds haven't had long enough clinical trials and who knows what damage is been done.
If you ever look at a bodybuilding forum there does seem to be an opinion that most people would rather source prescription only steroids instead of prohormones for that very reason of testing.

It's amazing that they're legal over the counter.

screenman

Legendary Member
With some lemon juice and it bring your bodies PH back away from acidic helping to keep the environment cancer likes at bay.

Back in the day people would use it to help stop the so called lactic acid, never tried it so no idea if it works.

Top Bottom